Griddled Polenta cakes with saffron and tomato relish.
You can have Griddled Polenta cakes with saffron and tomato relish using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Griddled Polenta cakes with saffron and tomato relish
- It’s of Polenta Cakes.
- You need 2 medium of white onion.
- You need 10 of pieces of dried saffron.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry white wine or chardonnay.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream or milk.
- It’s 1 cup of polenta.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 oz of parmigiano reggiano cheese grated.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Tomato relish.
- It’s 1 can of whole tomatoes, Romas or San Marzano,.
- You need 1 small of lemon.
- You need 2 oz of yellow onion, minced.
- Prepare 1 pinch of fresh corriander leaves, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 large of white onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 pinch of oregano.
Griddled Polenta cakes with saffron and tomato relish step by step
- Heat some olive oil, saute diced onions until translucent.
- Deglaze pan with wine.
- Add saffron, simmer until color is released.
- add stock and cream, bringing to slow boil, reduce heat.
- slowly add polenta, constantly stirring.
- dash salt, dash black pepper, taste and adjust.
- simmer for 10 minutes, stirring, add butter and cheese, reduce until polenta is thick and creamy.
- Set up polenta in 9 x 9 pan, should spread to be about 1/2 inch thick, put in fridge for quick set up.
- while polenta is setting, make carmalized onions and tomato relish.
- drain tomatoes rinse with water several times, this removes tinny taste, hand crush, add dash of salt, pinch of sugar, set aside.
- saute sliced onions in butter and olive oil until browning, remove set aside.
- saute garlic, then add minced onion sauce until translucent,.
- add tomatoes cook 3 minutes.
- dash of pepper, a pinch of oregano, zest of lemon, can add 1 tsp of lemon juice if desired but dont let it overpower the tomato, salt to taste,.
- Cut polenta in squares, fry in olive oil turning once, top with carmalized onions and tomato relish, garnish with corriander leaves. serve warm.