Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
You can cook Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- You need 2 packages of Broccoli florets (12 oz bags).
- You need 16 oz of Heavy cream.
- It’s 12 oz of Shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Diced onion.
- It’s 12 oz of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 5 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 2 can of 12 oz. cans of evaporated milk.
- It’s 6 tbsp of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste..
Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup step by step
- Dice onion and slice butter into chunks..
- Combine onion and butter in large skillet and cook until onion is soft..
- Add flour to onion and butter and combine. (This will look thick and bready but don't worry!).
- Slowly stir in both cans of evaporated milk. Stir together in a whisking motion, constantly stirring over medium heat..
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper..
- When thoroughly stirred, pour into crock pot..
- Add chicken broth and broccoli to crock pot..
- Cook on high 2 hours stirring occasionally..
- NOTE: this requires a big sized crock pot. If you have a small one like mine, you'll have to transfer to a pot on the stove. Either way is perfect..
- After two hours, add heavy cream and both cheeses..
- Once cheese is melted and cream is stirred in, it's ready to eat!.
Originally posted 2020-12-30 14:36:49.