Pan Seared Chicken with Green Bean, Japanese Eggplant, and Muscadine Sauté. I've decided to call this series Kenji's Cooking Show because "The Cooking Show" was already taken, and this show is about me, cooking. Make this family-friendly pan-fried eggplant in a jiffy, with a simple breading of Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, flour, and garlic powder. I followed recipe and topped slices with Parmesan and pine nuts on the plates.
Eggplant isn't like green beans or broccoli that you can just steam and top with butter. You really need to do something with it. This recipe for Japanese eggplant stir-fried with ginger in a miso sake sauce comes from my friend Nancy Hachisu's stunning new cookbook, Japanese Farm Food (great book. You can cook Pan Seared Chicken with Green Bean, Japanese Eggplant, and Muscadine Sauté using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pan Seared Chicken with Green Bean, Japanese Eggplant, and Muscadine Sauté
- It’s 8 oz of boneless, skinless chicken.
- You need 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- You need 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- It’s 4 oz of muscadines, peeled and seeded.
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable oil, divided.
- You need 2 of sprigs fresh marjoram.
- You need 1 each of chicken bouillon cube.
- You need 1 each of Japanese eggplant, halved and sliced 1/4”.
- You need 6 oz of green beans, chopped into 2” pieces.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 oz of Parmesan or other hard cheese, shaved.
The calibrated cook can turn out restaurant-qualilty chicken like Pan-Seared Chicken Breast with Rich Pan Sauce every time. To calibrate yourself to be a better cook, learn to use all of your senses throughout the process. For the richest sauce, use a stainless steel pan; the browned bits that stick to. Japanese Eggplant with Chicken and Thai basil stir-fry wakes up your taste buds with Thai basil Japanese eggplant is lighter in color, has thinner skin than Chinese eggplant and is, arguably Next, add the green portion of the scallions.
Pan Seared Chicken with Green Bean, Japanese Eggplant, and Muscadine Sauté step by step
- Season the chicken with kosher salt and black pepper, and set aside at room temperature..
- To peel and seed the muscadines: cut the muscadines in half, starting at the stem end. Working over a bowl to catch excess juice, remove the seeds and discard, pinch to press the flesh from the peel. Put the flesh in with the juice, and reserve the skins separately..
- Heat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat, then add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Cook chicken until browned on first side, flip and add marjoram sprigs and muscadine skins. Once chicken is cooked through, remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Dissolve bouillon cube in 4 ounces of water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until the volume of the stock has reduced by about half, then turn off the heat. Remove the herb stems and muscadine skins..
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the vegetable oil and eggplant. Cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add the green beans, and continue to cook and stir for 5-6 more minutes, or until the veggies are just cooked. Stir in the muscadine flesh, and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Return the chicken to the pan with chicken stock, and warm over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and butter and adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place a mound of green beans, eggplant and muscadines in the center of the plate, then top with shaved cheese. Carefully set the chicken on top of the vegetables. Enjoy!.
Pour the chicken stock around the perimeter of the wok to. Pan seared chicken thighs are an excellent method of preparing juicy, tender chicken in a skillet. You can easily double and triple the recipe, but just be sure not to over-crowd the pan when doing so. I usually serve the chicken with some simple Lebanese rice and green beans for a nutritious. Caramelized miso eggplant: melty, slightly sweet, and savory oven roasted eggplant with a Japanese miso dressing. · Miso and eggplant is a gorgeous combination of flavours.