Low Country Boil (with a Cajun flair!).
You can cook Low Country Boil (with a Cajun flair!) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low Country Boil (with a Cajun flair!)
- Prepare 1 lb of uncooked large shrimp (I choose raw, deveined, shelled).
- Prepare 1 lb of andouille sausage cut into 1-inch pieces.
- You need 1 lb of red potatoes cut into quarters.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Zatarans Crawfish and Shrimp boil seasoning powder.
- It’s 2 of large ears of corn, cut into 3-inch chunks (or 3 small ears).
- Prepare 1 of lemon, cut in half (squeeze about ½ the juice and then put the rest of the lemon in the pot.).
- You need 1 of Orange, cut in half. (Squeeze about 1/2 of the Juice and then place in the pot.).
- Prepare 6 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, cut into quarters.
- It’s 3 of large garlic cloves, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
Low Country Boil (with a Cajun flair!) step by step
- 1. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- 2. Add water, garlic, and crawfish boil seasoning. Stir well..
- 3. Add potatoes, onion, celery, bay leaves, 1/2 lemon and 1/2 orange..
- 4. Cook on HIGH 2 ½ hours..
- 5. Add sausage and corn. Cook an additional hour..
- 6. Stir in shrimp gently and cook 15-20 minutes or until shrimp are pink..
- 7. Remove bay leaves before serving..