Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Money.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These types of adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to start saving energy by going much more green.
You may prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. If you find out it will take 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you may look for more ways to use the microwave. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. Many individuals mistakenly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a lesser amount of energy than a dishwasher. Especially if you make sure the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
The kitchen on its own provides you with many small means by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, all things considered. It’s concerning being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy) recipe. To make carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy) you only need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy):
- You need of onion.
- Get of garlic.
- Get of jalapenos.
- Use of potatoes.
- Use of cilantro.
- Prepare of beef (crown roast, carne de taco, your choice or what's available).
- You need of tomato sauce.
- Provide of diced tomatoes 14.5oz.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- Take of garlic powder.
- Get of cumin powder.
- You need of salt n pepper.
Instructions to make Carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy):
- chop or dice onion, jalepenos (if your scared take the seeds out), cilantro and garlic. put aside..
- now your beef you can get it already cut into small pieces if you have a Mexican meat market around, go in and ask for carne para tacos, or just buy steak meat and cut into small square pieces..
- ok heat up a good size skillet or pot add cooking oil(your choice) heat and add meat and salt n pepper and start browning (not fully cooked) when brown add onions, jalapenos, and garlic with the spices( I know i have measurements but really i don't measure unless i am baking so adjust to your liking and add your favorite spices),now mix and let cook stirring occasionally, for about 10mins.
- peel n cut potatoes into cubes then add to the meat, add the diced tomatoes n sauce, add cilantro and 1 1/2 cups water(keep an eye on water if need more while cooking add it). Mix together cover let cook for about 30mins stirring occasional. (add salt n pepper to taste) Then enjoy!!.
- Serve with refried beans , tortillas (your choice), Mexican rice, and salsa..
If you find this Carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.