Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce. Part of the reason I almost never make stuffed peppers for us at home is the frustrating process of cooking them. Between the browning and stuffing of the bell.
Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed. Slow Cooker Stuffed Green Pepper Soup is super simple to throw together and a reader favorite! Try this stuffed pepper soup that is easily made in the slow cooker. You can have Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large bell peppers, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted chicken or beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika, dried basil.
- It’s of Cooked rice, for serving (or different grain of your choosing).
Filled with bell peppers, tomatoes and beef, wonderful topped with cheese. How to make stuffed pepper soup: Ground beef – cooked and crumbled. This stuffed pepper soup is easy, hearty, and packed with flavor. After browning ground beef, onions, red and green peppers, and garlic on the stove, transfer everything to your slow cooker where it simmers away in a Here's what you'll need to make this slow cooker stuffed bell pepper soup Weight Watchers Friendly Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup.
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed..
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the rice. Stir everything well and then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- To serve, stir in some hot, cooked rice (or other grain) into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!.
- You could also stir the rice into the soup and serve it that way, but since we usually have leftovers, I prefer to store the soup and rice separately so the rice doesn't absorb the majority of the liquid..
So, when I saw this recipe for slow cooker stuffed pepper soup in a Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook (Everyday Cookbook Collection) (affiliate link), I decided to give it a try. With all the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers, but with much more ease, try this Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup! Two things came together to make this soup happen. First, I keep getting a ton of peppers in my CSA box. They are mostly small-ish peppers that are too small for stuffing.
Originally posted 2021-01-04 05:52:34.