great grandma's light fruit cake (not christmas). An easy light fruit cake that my mother made most years. Try substituting fruits that you like! To me it's the taste and smell of Christmas. (-)Information is not currently available for this nutrient.
Icebox Fruit Cake – Not your typical fruit cake. This cake is more of a candy than a cake, and · This is a great Christmas fruit cake that requires no ageing time. It does however, need to sit overnight Trust me when I say, if you don't like fruitcake, it's only because you haven't tasted Grandma's. You can cook great grandma's light fruit cake (not christmas) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of great grandma's light fruit cake (not christmas)
- It’s 6 oz of golden granulated sugar.
- You need 6 oz of margarine.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mixed spice.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 8 oz of self raising flour.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of a splash of milk.
- It’s 6 of handfulls of currants and sultanas (3 each).
Slice Eggless Christmas fruit cake once cooled completely. Eggless Fruit cake made with wheat flour. Delicious eggless fruit cake that is soft, moist, delicious and doesn't use alcohol. This cake is great to make for any occasion and is kids' friendly as it has no alcohol. christmas fruit cake recipe with stepwise photos. delicious fruit cake with a wonderful fragrant aroma. light, crumbly & moist eggless cake.
great grandma's light fruit cake (not christmas) step by step
- cream the golden granulated sugar and margarine into a large bowl with a wooden spoon until it's fully mixed.
- add the mixed spice and salt (salt not compulsory) and a bit of the flour and mix in well..
- break in three eggs.
- mix well with the wooden spoon.
- add the rest of the flour and mix in well.
- add milk until required until a nice dropping consistency.
- mix in currants and raisins to taste (approximately 3 handfulls of each).
- bake in a well greased cake tin (7-8 inches) in a preheated oven at 190°F C for about an hour.
It would be great for a last minute Christmas cake! I love how it is not that long to play and. English fruit cake or plum pudding, Italian "Crostoli", a fried bread spiced with orange peel, German "Pfeffernuesse", a bread full of sweet spices, and Ukrainian doughnuts all find their place on the Christmas table! Tropical Christmas Cake – Christmas cake recipe. Traditional dried fruits have been given a Caribbean lift with juicy mango, warming rum We celebrate two great British drinks, gin and tea, in this Christmas cake recipe.