Pretzel pot pie. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. A chewy, salty pretzel complements creamy chicken pot pie filling. Soft pretzels top this cheesy pot pie that's filled with all of your favorite chicken pot pie ingredients.
Thank you for this wonderful recipe. I always have soooo many pretzels left over from those huge Costco bags this. This chilled, creamy strawberry icebox pie is the dessert equivalent of a swimming hole–so refreshing you can't help but dive in. You can cook Pretzel pot pie using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pretzel pot pie
- It’s 4 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- It’s 3 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1/4 C of flour.
- You need 2 1/2 C of chicken broth.
- You need of S&P, 1 tsp each.
- It’s 2 1/2 C of cooked chicken, in chunks.
- You need 1/2 C of peas, thawed if frozen.
- It’s 1/2 C of asparagus, chopped.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 6-8 of thyme sprigs, tied in a bundle.
- It’s 1/2 C of baking soda.
- You need 1 of # fresh pizza dough, room temperature.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 Tbsp of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pretzel salt (I used kosher).
A pot pie is a type of meat pie with a top pie crust consisting of flaky pastry. The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef, seafood. We love it (and we'd probably make it everyday if that weren't kind of ridiculous).
Pretzel pot pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Melt 2T butter in a saute pan and add onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes. Add 2T butter and carrots, celery and asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Add flour and stir to coat veggies cooking for 2 minutes more. Add the broth and thyme and 1 tsp each S&P and bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes to thicken. Now add the chicken, peas and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes..
- Put baking soda, 2 tsp salt and 8C water in a large pot and bring to a boil. (it really bubbles up).
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces to make pretzels. Roll each piece out to about 24" long. Form into a pretzel shape using water to help the ends stick together. Use a slotted spoon to lower 1 pretzel into the boiling water. Cook 30 seconds then flip and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove and drain on a cutting board. Do the rest of the pretzels the same way..
- Spray the baking dish with cooking spray. Put the chicken mixture into a 9"deep dish pie plate or an 8"x8" baking dish. Arrange the pretzels on top of the pot pie mixture with part of the pretzel touching the edges. Whisk the egg and 1Tbsp water in a small bowl. Brush each pretzel with this egg wash and sprinkle with pretzel salt..
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. The pretzels will be a beautiful brown and the filling will be bubbling !.
These are the twists on pot pie you never saw coming. From biscuit- and pretzel-topped to chicken. This decadent no-bake chocolate mousse pie is piled into a crust of crushed pretzels and topped with fresh whipped cream. A drizzle of salted caramel finishes off this simply splendid dessert. I've made these homemade German pretzels several times over the years.
Originally posted 2021-01-02 00:39:36.