Creamy Pork Pot Pie. Homestyle Pork Pot Pie goes together quickly with the use of store-bought pie dough and leftover pork. It's comfort food for all and easy to make! Even though this pork pot pie feeds more than two people, it utilizes leftover pork which is another way to get more bang for your buck.
This easy Instant Pot recipe was a hit for my family. This pork pot pie is a one-crust recipe that can be made with purchased pie dough, puff pastry, or this vodka pie crust that is easy to work with and bakes up tender and flaky. Water combines with the proteins in flour and can make a pie crust tough if you use too much. You can have Creamy Pork Pot Pie using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Pork Pot Pie
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 2-3/4 pound of porkloin.
- Prepare 1-3/4 pound of Yukon gold potatoes.
- You need 1 pound of carrots.
- You need 2 of large leeks.
- You need 8 ounces of your favorite mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of smoked bacon cut small.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 6 ounces of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken broth.
- It’s of Thickening Paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of Pie crust.
- You need 4 cups of all purpose flour + more for dusting.
- You need 2/3 cup of butter flavored shortening very cold.
- It’s 1 stick of butter very cold.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth very cold.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
A great dinner using some leftover pork loin. I have to make something new with leftovers or it is just not happening and this one I love. I may earn a small commission on purchases made through any product links on this page. Last week, I made this super easy pork pot pie, and everyone cleaned their plates.
Creamy Pork Pot Pie step by step
- Wash and dice the potatoes. Slice the carrots and mushrooms..
- Wash the leeks and slice thinly. Slice the bacon and fry. Cut the pork into bite sized pieces. Add the pork to the bacon and it's drippings..
- When the pork is seared, add the vegetables and mushrooms. Add salt to the flour and mix well..
- Grate the butter and shortening. Add to the flour and salt. Work it into the flour making it look like wet sand..
- When the flour, butter, and shortening is mixed add in the chicken broth. Mix and knead it. Roll 2/3 out big enough to fit a 9×13 pan..
- Fix the crust into the pan up on the sides to. Mix the olive oil and flour. Pour into the filling..
- Mix it well. Now add the chicken broth, and heavy cream. Simmer 3 minutes stirring constantly..
- Spoon the mixture into the crust. Roll out the top and put over the pot pie. Cut slits into the top. This allows steam to escape..
- Put into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
We all even had second helpings, and this pie disappeared in one sitting. This creamy vegetarian pot pie is the ultimate dinner recipe. Filled with fresh vegetables, creamy cheese sauce and topped with puff pastry. Pot pie is a comfort food classic. There's just something about creamy filling topped with golden, flaky pastry.
Originally posted 2021-01-19 14:59:10.