Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for 'Ponzu' Marinated Eggplant & Chicken recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 'Ponzu' Marinated Eggplant & Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 'Ponzu' Marinated Eggplant & Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we need to stay away from them. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be really nourishing and good for you. There are some foods that, when you consume them, can improve your mood. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, try some of these.
Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all wonderful for elevating your mood. This is possible since these foods are rich in magnesium which increases your production of serotonin. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The higher your serotonin levels, the more pleasant you will feel. Nuts, on top of raising your mood, can be a super protein source.
So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are bad for you so you can feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 'ponzu' marinated eggplant & chicken recipe. You can cook 'ponzu' marinated eggplant & chicken using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make 'Ponzu' Marinated Eggplant & Chicken:
- Get of (*about 300g) Eggplants.
- Provide of Sweet Green Chilli *cut into a size that is easy to eat.
- Get of Canola Oil OR Vegetable Oil.
- Use of Ponzu *OR 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce & 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar.
- Provide of small piece Ginger *grated.
- You need of Mirin.
- You need of Sugar.
- Use of Chicken Tenderloins / Breast Fillets.
- Take of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Potato Starch / Corn Starch Flour.
- Provide of Oil for cooking.
- Take of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
Steps to make 'Ponzu' Marinated Eggplant & Chicken:
- Place Ponzu (Soy Sauce & Vinegar), Mirin and Ginger (and Sugar if you like) in a bowl and mix well to make the sauce..
- Cut off the green bit of Eggplants and cut in half or quarter lengthways, then make many shallow cuts on the skin, scoring it. Then cut into smaller pieces..
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Eggplants on the skin side down for a few minutes. Then cook other sides as well until they are slightly coloured..
- Add Green Sweet Chilli, cover with the lid and cook until all eggplant pieces are soft. Adding 1-2 tablespoons Water would help steam-cook the vegetables..
- Transfer the cooked vegetables into a deep dish or bowl, pour over the ponzu sauce and set aside..
- Cut Chicken Tenderloins or Breast Fillets into 3 to 4cm size, lightly season with Salt & Pepper, then coat with Potato Starch Flour. This layer of flour will turn to jelly-like when combined with sauce..
- Heat Oil in a frying pan and cook Chicken. Tenderloins won’t take long to cook. You don’t need to brown the Chicken..
- Place marinated vegetables in a serving bowl, place chicken on top, then pour over the marinade. Sprinkle chopped Spring Onion over and serve..
Mix well until sugar is dissolved. Chill and marinate eggplants for overnight. Put the eggplant in a bowl and add garlic, red pepper, salt, oregano, vinegar and olive oil. Eggplant boiled then marinated in oil, garlic, red pepper and vinegar. Marinated eggplant is usually served as an appetizer, but when I made it the other day I ate so much it wound up as dinner.
If you find this 'Ponzu' Marinated Eggplant & Chicken recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-07-24 17:15:05.