Slow Cooker Beef Roast. Place beef round roast in slow cooker, then add carrots, onion, and celery. Season with garlic powder and black pepper. Pour Worcestershire and barbeque sauce over meat and vegetables.
Surround your roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, and herbs. Pour over beef broth and Worcestershire. Makes lots of juice that can be thickened to make a gravy. You can have Slow Cooker Beef Roast using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Roast
- It’s 1,7000-2 kg of chuck roast.
- You need 1 tsp of each salt and pepper.
- You need 1 cube of beef stock.
- It’s 200-250 ml of red wine.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of onion cut into chunks.
- You need 2 of carrots peeled and sliced.
- It’s 3-5 of medium potatoes peeled and diced.
- It’s 3 of celery stalks sliced.
- It’s 4-5 of garlic cloves peeled and smashed.
- You need 2 of bell peppers cut in large slices.
Try also with dry onion-and-mushroom soup mix in place of the onion for added flavor. Feel free to change the vegetables to make the dish to the liking of you and your family. If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, remove netting or strings. Place potatoes and garlic around beef.
Slow Cooker Beef Roast instructions
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper all over the beef..
- Heat oil over high heat and brown all over. It should have a nice deep brown crust. It should take about 5-7 min. Transfer beef to slow cooker..
- Put all vegetables in slow cooker, add the stock, wine and the bay leaf close and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6 hours..
- At the end you can add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Allow to thicken for 5 min..
- Pour the gravy over the meat and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!.
Sprinkle roast with pepper; transfer to slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Arrange carrots, celery, onion, and garlic around roast. In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
Originally posted 2021-01-28 16:26:13.