Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Improve Your Mood.
In general, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and need to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to eat them. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, could better your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Your mood can really be helped by green tea. You were simply expecting to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is found to be rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This will improve your brain’s focus while at the same loosening up the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you feel so much healthier. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also!
So you see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a couple of of these hints instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker spicy fruit and nut chicken pilaf recipe. To cook slow cooker spicy fruit and nut chicken pilaf you only need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf:
- Take of skinless chicken thighs.
- Provide of onion, red or white, thinly sliced.
- Provide of oil, olive or vegetable.
- Get of turmeric.
- Take of long grain rice (I use easy-cook).
- Get of sultanas or raisins.
- Take of chicken stock, from cube is fine.
- Provide of salt & pepper.
- You need of macademia or cashew nuts or almonds.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf:
- Heat oil in frying pan, add onion and fry, without colouring, until soft, drain and place in slow cooker..
- Place rice, sultanas, turmeric and stock in slow cooker, stir gently..
- Fry chicken in frying pan until sealed and lightly coloured, add to slow cooker. You can use boneless thighs if you prefer..
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, high for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. Add more stock if required during cooking, check chicken is cooked through. Check rice is cooked too..
- Dry-fry the nuts in a frying pan until golden..
- Check seasoning of chicken, add salt & pepper to taste. Remove chicken, gently fork through rice to fluff up..
- Place rice on plate, put chicken on top, and sprinkle nuts over. You can stir nuts into rice at step 6 if you like..
- You can substitute pine nuts.
If you find this Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.