Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Xmas Fruit Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Xmas Fruit Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Working out at the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. With training you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
Drink water, not alternative beverages. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every occasionally isn’t a horrible idea. Using them for your sole source of hydration, however, is dumb. Choosing water instead of other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories from your diet— without having to deal with terrible tasting diet food. Productive weight loss efforts often depend entirely on water ingestion.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or limited diets. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your lifestyle choices. It’s about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to xmas fruit cake recipe. To cook xmas fruit cake you only need 38 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Xmas Fruit Cake:
- Prepare of Fruits:.
- Prepare of Dried Fruits Mix Preferably Foodsterr,.
- Take of Dates Pitted Quartered,.
- Prepare of Glazed Cherries Halved,.
- Use of Crystallized Ginger Quartered,.
- Take of Cointreau / Brandy / Dark Rum, 180ml + More For Feeding.
- Get of Cake:.
- Get of Unsalted Butter Softened, 138g + More For Greasing.
- Get of Light Muscovado Sugar,.
- Get of Demerara Sugar,.
- Provide of Eggs,.
- Get of Almond Meal,.
- Get of Fresh Orange Zest, 1 Orange.
- Prepare of Ground Cloves,.
- Prepare of Ground Cinnamon,.
- Prepare of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- Take of All Spice Powder,.
- Take of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Use of Roasted Hazelnuts Halved,.
- Provide of Roasted Walnuts Quartered,.
- Use of Gingerbread Houses:.
- Get of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Get of Baking Powder,.
- Get of Demerara Sugar,.
- Use of Sea Salt,.
- Take of All Spice Powder,.
- Use of Unsalted Butter Cubed,.
- Provide of Pure Honey,.
- Get of Blackstrap Molasses,.
- Prepare of Egg,.
- Get of Royal Icing:.
- Use of Egg White,.
- Get of Cream of Tartar,.
- Use of Icing Sugar,.
- Prepare of Decor:.
- Provide of Apricot Jam.
- Use of Marzipan.
- Take of Edible Glisters.
Steps to make Xmas Fruit Cake:
- Soaking the fruits. Transfer everything into a large bowl. Toss to mix well. Cover with cling film and set aside in a cool and dry place for at least 24 hrs..
- Prepare the cake. Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius or 300 fahrenheit. Grease cake pan with butter. Lay parchment paper on the bottom and the sides of the cake pan..
- Cut out a large piece of aluminium foil. Fold the foil into a strap with a width almost the same as your cake pan. Wrap the cake pan with that folded foil and tied it tightly with a thread. This is to allow even browning..
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy with a hand or stand mixer. Add in sugar and cream until well combined. Add in eggs and continue whisking..
- Add in almond meal, orange zest and the spices. *You can make your own almond meal by grinding almond in a spice blender.* Continue whisking until well combined. Fold in the flour with a spatula 1/3 portion at a time until fully incorporated..
- Next, fold in the nuts. Lastly, the dried fruits mix with any leftover alcohol. Transfer into the cake pan. Using an offset spatula to level the top..
- Wack into the oven and bake for 2 to 3 hrs. Check regularly after the 1 hr mark. The internal temperature should read 90 degree celsius or 200 fahrenheit. The cake should also pass a skewer test..
- You should have a dark brown color on the cake. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before unmolding about 5 hrs. Once the cake is completely cooled, unmold and transfer onto surface lined with cling film. Poke a few holes on the cake with a skewer..
- Feed the cake with 1 TBSP of Cointreau or any liqueur of your choice. Cover and wrap the cake with parchment paper. You can store the cake for a couple of months in a cool and dry place. The flavors will intensify..
- Feed the cake once every week, Feeding the cake will keep the cake moist and dense. Making gingerbread houses. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and all spice well..
- Add in the butter. You can cream everything together with a fork, but I prefer using my hands. You should get a crumbly mixture resembling wet sand. Add in honey, molasses and egg..
- Mix until it comes together into a dough. Wrap it with cling film and chill in the fridge for about 1 hr. Remove from fridge and divide the dough into half. You can freeze the other half. It will last for 3 months..
- Transfer the dough onto a parchment paper. Place another parchment paper over the dough. Roll the dough into a large rectangle with a thickness of 1/8 inch. Freeze the dough for 30 mins..
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 360 fahrenheit. I measured the circumference of my cake which reads 64cm. So I divided 64 into 8 = 8cm. Each house is 8cm in width. I also measured the height of my cake with is about 4cm. So, each house will be more than 4cm in height..
- I use cupboard to draw and design the houses. After 30 mins, remove the dough from the freezer. The dough should be big enuff for all the houses. Place another baking tray on top of the dough..
- Wack into the oven and bake for 12 mins. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Place the houses onto the gingerbread and using a sharp knife and cut out the houses. Transfer the houses onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper..
- Wack into the oven and bake for another 10 to 12 mins or until deep brownish. Remove from oven and set asi
de to cool completely. Prepare the royal icing. In a large bowl, add in egg whites and cream of tartar..
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk until stiff peaks. Add in icing sugar, 1 tbsp at at a time, while still whisking. Once it gets thick, shiny and glossy, stop adding the sugar. You should have a honey-syrupy consistency, but not runny and not too thick..
- Transfer into a piping bag with a small circle tip. Pipe the designs on the gingerbread. Get artsy! The royal icing will harden overtime. You can freeze any remaining royal icing for up to 1 month..
- Assemble the cake. Brush the whole cake lightly with apricot jam. Transfer the fruit cake on a cake stand or a serving plate..
- Pipe some more royal icing on the back of the gingerbread houses. This will act as a glue. Stick the gingerbread houses onto the side of the cake. Roll out the marzipan into a 1/8 inch thickness. If your marzipan gets too sticky and difficult to roll, dust the surface + rolling pin with some icing sugar..
- Using your desired Xmas theme cookie cutter and cut out the marzipan. I am using snowflakes cookie cutter. Transfer the marzipan onto the fruit cake. Lastly dust with your desired edible glisters. Slice and serve. The fruit cake will keep well in the fridge for a few weeks..
It's a shame that fruitcake as a species gets such a bad rap. This recipe includes dried fruit, instead of the glowing, candied stuff we've all learned to associate with fruitcake, and is less dense and more. – The Xmas Fruit Cake is basically a butter cake with the addition of dried fruits, nuts and some other spices. Christmas Fruit Cake was filled with dry fruits and nuts, generously spiced and enriched with butter and eggs. Classic fruit cake made with soaked unsweetened dried fruit. A festive, flavorful, and moist fruit The fruit cakes just slid out without issue.
If you find this Xmas Fruit Cake recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.