Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread. A mouth watering Grilled chicken shawarma with Lebanese style pita bread recipe for you. Make it and satisfy your cravings. #HappyCookingToYou Written. This recipe for chicken shawarma—thinly sliced meat wrapped in pita bread with veggies and sauce—is the ultimate Middle-Eastern on-the-go meal.
So, I discovered Chicken Shawarma at our favorite little restaurant in Appleton called Chicago Grill. I don't think many people even know it's there, which I usually order the hummus and shawarma plate with freshly baked pita, and I seriously can't get over how good it is. Sometimes I will go back the next. You can have Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread using 31 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread
- You need of For Shawarma.
- You need 300-350 g of boneless (thigh or breast) chicken sliced.
- Prepare of For Marination.
- You need 1/2 cup of yoghurt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of vinegar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of Garlic clove crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of red paprika (adjust).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- You need of For Shawarma sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Tahini (homemade or store-bought).
- It’s 1 of garlic cloves crushed.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of yoghurt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare of For Pita Bread.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of instant yeast.
- It’s 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- You need of For Assembling Shawarma in Pita Bread.
- Prepare 1 of onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber sliced.
- You need 1/4 cups of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- You need 1 of de seeded tomatoes thinly sliced.
- It’s as required of Lettuce leaves (optional).
- It’s as needed of Pickles (optional).
We all know I have a deep love affair with Mediterranean food and this Chicken Shawarma Stuffed Pita situation is making me want to hop on a flight and jet off for a vacay! Serve over highly addicting Israeli WATCH HOW TO MAKE Grilled Chicken Shawarma! We also grill these as skewers and serve them up as a wrap – with homemade pita bread and tzatziki. Chicken shawarma – cook around the globe.
Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread instructions
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients mentioned under Marination section. Add sliced chicken and coat well.Cover and Refrigerate for 12-14 hours.
- In a large saucepan, cook chicken with Marination over medium heat until done. Do not overcook.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, mix tahini, crushed garlic, lemon juice and yoghurt. Set this aside.
- For Pita Bread.
- In a bowl, add flour. Make 2 wells, add yeast and salt in each. Gently mix.
- Add warm water and oil. Knead for 8-10 minutes into smooth dough. Coat dough with little olive oil.Cover and rest for 2 hours.
- Gently deflate the dough and turn it over lightly dusted flour surface.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Roll each portion into roti.
- Heat tawa, cook on both sides. Pita bread will puff up nicely.
- To Assemble.
- In a large bowl, add onions, tomatoes and cucumbers. Sprinkle lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add parsley and pickles. Mix well. Set aside.
- Place enough chicken on pita bread so that it covers 1/4 of pita bread. Add the veggies and pour some prepared tahini sauce over it. Roll the bread and Shawarma in Pita Bread is ready.
- Serve warm with Falafel/Salad or Hummus.
I often associate memories with food (or food with Open the pita bread to create a pocket. Put some tarator sauce, chicken, tomatoes, onion slices, coriander and baked chips in it. This is one of my signature recipes that will be very familiar to all my friends This Chicken Shawarma is how I met most of my neighbours when I lived in a townhouse complex. Thought I usually do serve pita bread or another type of flatbread as well, just because it's very on. Given my love of bread, my freezer is packed full of different bread and bread-like items.