Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Basic Shortcrust Pastry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Shortcrust Pastry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Picking The Right Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
Many folks do not realize that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. It’s also advisable to realize that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you get from these fast food places are generally foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. You will be pleased to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you need to be consuming every day.
Everyone likes to have dessert after their meals and if you are one of those people you may want to consider some citrus fruit. All the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are also necessary for preserving your health. You may also want to mix a few things like orange sections, shredded coconut combined with a teaspoon of honey.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. Also if you cut out all the refined food that you really should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to basic shortcrust pastry recipe. To cook basic shortcrust pastry you only need 4 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Basic Shortcrust Pastry:
- Get 50 grams of Bread flour.
- Take 50 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 75 grams of Butter.
- Provide 50 ml of Ice cold water.
Instructions to make Basic Shortcrust Pastry:
- In a food processor, add in the bread flour, cake flour, and butter and blend it. (Make sure that the butter is still cold. Even better if you refrigerate the flour.).
- Once it is crumbly, it's done. (At this point, it shouldn't be finely mixed yet and the butter should still be slightly chunky.).
- Add in the water and blend. Set it to pulse mode if you have it. If you don't have that setting, turn the machine on and off to pulse (try to use as few pulses as possible)..
- Once the dough looks like this picture where the dough is starting to come together, it's ready. Tip for this step is to make sure the consistency isn't too smooth yet– leave some lumps of butter and let the dough be a bit floury..
- When preparing by hand Make sure that the butter and the dry ingredients are mixed together well by using your fingertips. Then, while adding in the cold water, use a scraper to cut in the butter and mix the dough together. Once the dry ingredients have been incorporated, it's done. (Mix until there are still some lumps of butter.).
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to rest for an hour. At this point, you should be able to see spots of the butter and flour in the dough..
- Cover a countertop with flour and roll out the dough into a long rectangular shape. Using the flour on the surface, fold the dough into thirds. If you have a lot of flour on the countertop, use a decorating brush or something to brush some off as you form the dough..
- Rotate the dough by 90 degrees, fold it into thirds, and then roll it back out. Repeat this process 2 more times. (Total of 3 times.).
- This time I made sweet roll dough. I rolled it out into a 30 cm by 18 cm shape and coated the top with some water. I made a mixture of two tablespoons of granulated sugar and some cinnamon powder, and sprinkled it over the dough. I then rolled it..
- While rolling up the dough, adjust the shape so it stays together. Cover it with plastic wrap and set it in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest..
- Next, cut it into 5 mm wide slices..
- In a preheated oven at 375℉ (190℃), bake for 20 minutes..
- They are done. The cinnamon and sugar I gently rolled into the dough melted perfectly. They are very cute mini pastries when done..
I've made this recipe for shortcrust pastry incredible simple, and you can choose to make it either by hand or using a food processor. Shortcrust pastry, when you have a good recipe, is one of the simplest and quickest pastries to make. Here, I've given lots of tips and direction about how to use and cook your pastry, as well as three. I just recently discovered how to make a good short crust pastry, as a result, I made a That makes the title of this blog post a little dangerous, but consider this the FoodCrumbles basic for a crunchy. This is one of basic dough for many recipes like Pies,Quiche,Tarts and many more.
If you find this Basic Shortcrust Pastry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.