Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Pastitsio recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pastitsio recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your State Of Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Choose To Eat.
The one thing that some of you may already recognize is that by ingesting the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. One of the foods you should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food spot. You will see that the nutrition in these types of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be really bad. You will be pleased to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you ought to be eating every day.
Every person likes to have dessert after their meals and if you are one of those men and women you may want to think about some citrus fruit. Citrus fruits in addition provide you with vitamin C, together with other vitamins as well as minerals that can help keep you healthy. You may also want to combine a few things like orange sections, shredded coconut blended with a teaspoon of honey.
By simply following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you can be living a healthier life. Also if you eliminate all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pastitsio recipe. To make pastitsio you need 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pastitsio:
- Take of Olive Oil.
- Provide of Ground Beef.
- Provide of Dry White Wine.
- Get of Tomato Puree.
- Provide of Yellow Onion.
- Prepare of Chopped Fresh Parsey.
- Use of Ground Allspice.
- Take of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Use of Breadcrumbs.
- Provide of Elbow Macaroni.
- Use of Egg Whites.
- Provide of Unsalted Butter.
- Provide of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Prepare of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need of Bechamel Sauce.
- Take of Unsalted Butter.
- Use of All Purpose Flour.
- Provide of Milk, warmed.
- Provide of Yolks, lightly beaten.
- You need of Nutmeg.
Instructions to make Pastitsio:
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan. Add ground beef and cook over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent..
- Add wine, tomato sauce, parsley, allspice, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Allow to simmer over low heat 10 minutes. While sauce is simmering cook pasta..
- Rinse noodles to cool slightly..
- Stir breadcrumbs into meat sauce to absorb extra liquid. Remove from heat..
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in pasta pot and return noodles to the pot. Stir in beaten egg whites and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese. Toss lightly, do not break noodles..
- Brush pan with olive oil. Layer bottom with half the noodles. and press down firmly. to make flat..
- Layer beef evenly over pasta. Layer remaining pasta over beef..
- Preheat oven to 350°F and start preparing Bechamel Sauce..
- Melt butter in sauce pan over low heat. Using a whisk add flour continuously stirring to make smooth. Allow mixture to cook not brown..
- Add warm milk in a steady stream, whisking continuously. Simmer over low heat until thickened but does not boil..
- Remove from heat and add in beaten yolks. Add a pinch of nutmeg..
- Bechamel Sauce is thicker than gravy but not as thick as pudding. Pour sauce over noodles making sure to pour down into the corners. Layer with Parmesan cheese..
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden..
This version substitutes beef in place of the lamb to suit American tastes. Greek pastitsio (Pastichio) – a layer of pasta with cheese, layer of delicious meat mixture with tomato sauce and covered with third layer of rich béchamel sauce. Pastitsio-famous Greek Mac and cheese in the world! Litsa! – Pastitsio If you like pasta and I am sure you do, take the time to make this amazing pasta dish. This pastitsio recipe makes a lot and is just incredible.
If you find this Pastitsio recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-07-23 04:04:08.