Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Sweet Potato, Cheese & Onion Pasties recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato, Cheese & Onion Pasties recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato, Cheese & Onion Pasties recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Pick To Eat Are Going To Effect Your Health.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the various foods that you will find at all of those take out places. These types of foods are filled with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. You will be happy to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you need to be consuming every day.
Your health can be greatly improved by simply eating lots of berries. You will realize that most berries have large amounts of Vitamin C that you must understand is good for your body. You will also find that berries have antioxidants which is not just beneficial to your circulatory system but additionally for your basic health as well. Most people already realize that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet will help keep your cells far healthier for longer periods of time.
For those of you who want to get started living a healthier life the tips above can help you do that. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can get in any store is in addition not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato, cheese & onion pasties recipe. To cook sweet potato, cheese & onion pasties you need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato, Cheese & Onion Pasties:
- You need of For the pastry.
- Take of strong plain flour.
- Provide of salt.
- Prepare of vegetable shortening (Trex® or other).
- Prepare of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need of cold water.
- Get of For the filling.
- Prepare of large sweet potato, peeled and diced.
- You need of large brown onion, finely chopped.
- Take of extra mature Cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare of English mustard powder.
- Provide of Cayenne pepper, to taste.
- Take of ground black pepper to season,.
- Prepare of egg, beaten, to glaze the pasties.
Instructions to make Sweet Potato, Cheese & Onion Pasties:
- Pre-heat your oven to 170 C / Gas 3-4. Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper..
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the salt and stir it in. Add the shortening and butter and rub both into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the middle and add the water. Incorporate the flour and stir until it starts to form a dough. Get your hands in (it’s gonna get messy) and then remove to a lightly floured surface & start to knead. You need to knead the dough until it becomes elastic. This is to ensure it can hold the filling and keep a good shape..
- Wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge for around 2 to 3 hours..
- Fill a pan half full of water. Add the sweet potato and onion. Get to boiling point and then turn it down to simmer until the sweet potato is soft enough to be able to mash it. Remove from the heat and drain. Mash the sweet potato and onion together. Add the cheese and give it a good stir so that it’s well combined. Add the mustard powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper and stir it through the mixture..
- Roll out your pastry to about 3mm thickness. You can use a side plate as a rough guide for size (around a 20cm circle for each pasty). Put a good dollop of the sweet potato mixture across the centre of the circle but leave enough room to fold over the pastry to cover it and form the pasty. With some cold water wet half of the edge of one half of the pastry and fold over the other half. Gently press it down so that it seals and then “crimp” the pasty..
- Put each pasty on the baking tray, leaving a space of about 5cm between each one, and brush over with beaten egg to give each one a nice golden brown finish when they’re baked..
- Pop in the oven and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Once baked either put on a wire rack to cool and eat cold or serve hot – your choice..
- These can be frozen or they can be kept in the fridge for 4 to 5 days..
How to make sweet potato mac and cheese. (This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.) Start by gathering your ingredients. Sweet potatoes are versatile, filling and packed with goodness. Use super-ripe avocados in this savoury bake, topped with crumbly cheese, sweet potato chunks and a scattering of mixed seeds. Vegan sweet potato mac and cheese comes together so easily. I used gluten-free brown rice pasta but you can use your favorite pasta and follow the directions on the package to cook it.
If you find this Sweet Potato, Cheese & Onion Pasties recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.