Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Microwave Roux recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Microwave Roux recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Microwave Roux recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
In general, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. Some foods honestly do improve your mood when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional boost, try a few of these.
Make a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all terrific for helping to elevate your mood. This is because these foods are loaded with magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin production. Serotonin is called the “feel good” chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling all the time. The higher your levels of serotonin, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a fantastic source of protein.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to microwave roux recipe. You can have microwave roux using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Microwave Roux:
- Prepare of Flour.
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Microwave glass dish.
Instructions to make Microwave Roux:
- I make a large batch using a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup with handle. Any microwave glass dish will work, remember to use oven safe mits when grabbing it will be hot! Mix oil and flour in dish until well incorporated. I don't measure, most people use a 1:1 ratio or whatever you prefer. I usually add 2 c flour in my dish and add oil till consistency is right. Microwave for 5 mins. (less time if Making a small amount).
- Remove HOT DISH from microwave. Place on pot coaster (protect your counter) mix well, place back into the microwave 2-3 min increments, remove, stir, repeat until desired darkness achieved..
- Mixture will be HOT and will continue cooking as the oil is bubbling even after microwave is off. I stop cooking a bit before desired darkness mix and let it sit until cooled. You will notice the center is usually darker than the outside. This is why we mix it in each time..
- You will get the hang of this with your microwave with time. I make a large batch and store the cooled roux in a jar for adding to stews and Gumbo or making a Gravy with meals. Oil will rise to the top when cooled, you can pour it off, mix it in, or use it to saute veggies..
- How to mix roux to make gravy: I add about 1-2 tbs to a cup of warm water, meat drippings, or broth and whisk well until a paste forms then add to my stew (the rest of meat drippings, liquid in the pot) Use more or less if desired depending on how big your meal is..
Roux, a combination of flour and oil or butter, is often used as a base for many sauces, to thicken stews If you're short on time or just want to skip the constant stirring, make roux in the microwave. Making a roux (the characteristic dark brown flour and fat mixture) in the microwave is not the Microwave ovens vary. But in my OLD microwave, the roux will go from blond to medium-dark. The roux traps moisture and retains it. This roux is added to remaining liquids in the yeast bread recipe.
If you find this Microwave Roux recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-07-22 04:44:17.