Homemade Lime Rum Cake.
You can cook Homemade Lime Rum Cake using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Lime Rum Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3.5 oz of instant vanilla pudding.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk room temp.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum (I used bacardi lime).
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- You need of Cooking spray.
- You need of Rum soak.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of rum.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s of Glaze.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of lime juice.
Homemade Lime Rum Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°; Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- For the CAKE: In a bowl mix flour, sugar, pudding, baking powder, salt, butter, and canola oil until batter has a sand consistency; Add in milk and eggs until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into bundt pan; Smooth top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes; Then let cake cool slightly.
- For RUM SOAK: Combine butter, sugar, salt, water, and rum in a sauce pan; Bring to a boil over high heat; Reduce heat to low and simmer until it is slightly thickened.
- Transfer syrup into bowl and add vanilla and lime juice.
- With a skewer poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour syrup all over the cake small amounts at a time allowing the syrup to soak in between pours.
- Cover the pan loosely with plastic wrap and let the cake sit for AT LEAST 8 HOURS; Transfer onto cake plate.
- For LIME GLAZE: Whisk powdered sugar and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake.
Originally posted 2021-01-26 04:52:59.