Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Xmas Fruit Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Xmas Fruit Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Xmas Fruit Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is done, most people do not wish to go to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
Drink water, not alternative drinks. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every once in a while isn’t a horrible idea. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to solely drink soda or coffee. Choosing water instead of other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. This also helps you reduce your caloric intake by hundreds of points without needing to buy and eat gross diet foods. Successful weight loss efforts often depend entirely on water intake.
There are a whole lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make smart choices every day is a great start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also important. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to xmas fruit cake recipe. You can cook xmas fruit cake using 38 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Xmas Fruit Cake:
- Provide of Fruits:.
- Use 163 g of Dried Fruits Mix Preferably Foodsterr,.
- Use 75 g of Dates Pitted Quartered,.
- Get 50 g of Glazed Cherries Halved,.
- Provide 50 g of Crystallized Ginger Quartered,.
- Prepare of Cointreau / Brandy / Dark Rum, 180ml + More For Feeding.
- Use of Cake:.
- Take of Unsalted Butter Softened, 138g + More For Greasing.
- Prepare 69 g of Light Muscovado Sugar,.
- Take 69 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Provide 3 of Eggs,.
- Use 38 g of Almond Meal,.
- Provide of Fresh Orange Zest, 1 Orange.
- You need 1/4 TSP of Ground Cloves,.
- You need 1/4 TSP of Ground Cinnamon,.
- You need Pinch of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- Provide 1/4 TSP of All Spice Powder,.
- You need 138 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Get 20 g of Roasted Hazelnuts Halved,.
- Get 20 g of Roasted Walnuts Quartered,.
- Provide of Gingerbread Houses:.
- Use 350 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Use 10 g of Baking Powder,.
- Prepare 170 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Take Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- You need 1/2 TSP of All Spice Powder,.
- Get 100 g of Unsalted Butter Cubed,.
- You need 70 g of Pure Honey,.
- Prepare 20 g of Blackstrap Molasses,.
- Get 1 of Egg,.
- Take of Royal Icing:.
- Take 1 of Egg White,.
- Use Pinch of Cream of Tartar,.
- Provide 200 g of Icing Sugar,.
- Use of Decor:.
- Prepare of Apricot Jam.
- Prepare of Marzipan.
- Prepare of Edible Glisters.
Instructions to make Xmas Fruit Cake:
- Soaking the fruits. Transfer everything into a large bowl. Toss to mix well. Cover with cling film and set aside in a cool and dry place for at least 24 hrs..
- Prepare the cake. Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius or 300 fahrenheit. Grease cake pan with butter. Lay parchment paper on the bottom and the sides of the cake pan..
- Cut out a large piece of aluminium foil. Fold the foil into a strap with a width almost the same as your cake pan. Wrap the cake pan with that folded foil and tied it tightly with a thread. This is to allow even browning..
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy with a hand or stand mixer. Add in sugar and cream until well combined. Add in eggs and continue whisking..
- Add in almond meal, orange zest and the spices. *You can make your own almond meal by grinding almond in a spice blender.* Continue whisking until well combined. Fold in the flour with a spatula 1/3 portion at a time until fully incorporated..
- Next, fold in the nuts. Lastly, the dried fruits mix with any leftover alcohol. Transfer into the cake pan. Using an offset spatula to level the top..
- Wack into the oven and bake for 2 to 3 hrs. Check regularly after the 1 hr mark. The internal temperature should read 90 degree celsius or 200 fahrenheit. The cake should also pass a skewer test..
- You should have a dark brown color on the cake. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before unmolding about 5 hrs. Once the cake is completely cooled, unmold and transfer onto surface lined with cling film. Poke a few holes on the cake with a skewer..
- Feed the cake with 1 TBSP of Cointreau or any liqueur of your choice. Cover and wrap the cake with parchment paper. You can store the cake for a couple of months in a cool and dry place. The flavors will intensify..
- Feed the cake once every week, Feeding the cake will keep the cake moist and dense. Making gingerbread houses. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and all spice well..
- Add in the butter. You can cream everything together with a fork, but I prefer using my hands. You should get a crumbly mixture resembling wet sand. Add in honey, molasses and egg..
- Mix until it comes together into a dough. Wrap it with cling film and chill in the fridge for about 1 hr. Remove from fridge and divide the dough into half. You can freeze the other half. It will last for 3 months..
- Transfer the dough onto a parchment paper. Place another parchment paper over the dough. Roll the dough into a large rectangle with a thickness of 1/8 inch. Freeze the dough for 30 mins..
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 360 fahrenheit. I measured the circumference of my cake which reads 64cm. So I divided 64 into 8 = 8cm. Each house is 8cm in width. I also measured the height of my cake with is about 4cm. So, each house will be more than 4cm in height..
- I use cupboard to draw and design the houses. After 30 mins, remove the dough from the freezer. The dough should be big enuff for all the houses. Place another baking tray on top of the dough..
- Wack into the oven and bake for 12 mins. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Place the houses onto the gingerbread and using a sharp knife and cut out the houses. Transfer the houses onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper..
- Wack into the oven and bake for anothe
r 10 to 12 mins or until deep brownish. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Prepare the royal icing. In a large bowl, add in egg whites and cream of tartar..
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk until stiff peaks. Add in icing sugar, 1 tbsp at at a time, while still whisking. Once it gets thick, shiny and glossy, stop adding the sugar. You should have a honey-syrupy consistency, but not runny and not too thick..
- Transfer into a piping bag with a small circle tip. Pipe the designs on the gingerbread. Get artsy! The royal icing will harden overtime. You can freeze any remaining royal icing for up to 1 month..
- Assemble the cake. Brush the whole cake lightly with apricot jam. Transfer the fruit cake on a cake stand or a serving plate..
- Pipe some more royal icing on the back of the gingerbread houses. This will act as a glue. Stick the gingerbread houses onto the side of the cake. Roll out the marzipan into a 1/8 inch thickness. If your marzipan gets too sticky and difficult to roll, dust the surface + rolling pin with some icing sugar..
- Using your desired Xmas theme cookie cutter and cut out the marzipan. I am using snowflakes cookie cutter. Transfer the marzipan onto the fruit cake. Lastly dust with your desired edible glisters. Slice and serve. The fruit cake will keep well in the fridge for a few weeks..
If you find this Xmas Fruit Cake recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.