Individual Free-from Chocolate cake #MyCookbook.
You can cook Individual Free-from Chocolate cake #MyCookbook using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Individual Free-from Chocolate cake #MyCookbook
- It’s of Equivalent 2 eggs of egg replacer plus water for blending.
- Prepare of self raising GF flour, I use Doves.
- Prepare of cocoa powder plus extra for dusting.
- It’s of Large pinch xanthan gum.
- It’s of Large pinch GF baking powder.
- You need of Vitalite plus extra for greasing.
- It’s of caster sugar.
- It’s of Soya yoghurt as needed, approx.
Individual Free-from Chocolate cake #MyCookbook step by step
- Heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius..
- Lightly grease 2 large ramekins, fully dust with cocoa powder to provide a non-stick coating. Line the base with a disc of baking parchment..
- Whisk up egg replacer as per packet directions: 2 tsp replacer and 4 tbsp water, until thick and foamy like meringue..
- Beat together margarine and sugar until very light and creamy..
- Add “eggs” and fold in carefully to combine with a metal spoon..
- Combine cocoa flour, xanthan gum and baking powder together and then sift into mixture a tablespoon at a time and fold in carefully with a metal spoon..
- Fold in enough soya yoghurt to allow for a soft dropping consistency..
- Divide the mixture between the two ramekins. Bake for approx 15 – 20 minutes in the centre of the oven..
- Cooking time will vary according to the size of your ramekins. Take care not to open the oven door too early to avoid a collapse. Once cooked through, a cocktail stick will come out clean when inserted, leave to cool slightly in the ramekins and then tip out onto a cooling rack..
- I made a “buttercream” from equal quantities of Vitalite and icing sugar beaten together until smooth and added some sifted cocoa for a deliciously chocolate flavour. Sandwich the cakes together once fully cooled and decorate as desired..
- The cake will keep for up tom5 days in a container..
Originally posted 2021-01-28 11:38:58.