Broccoli and Stilton soup. A broccoli and stilton soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. Save time and effort by placing all your ingredients in a soup maker and whizzing up a delicious soup in no time. Read our review on some of the best soup makers available.
The broccoli shines through and the blue cheese adds creaminess and an added something something. Whoever thought of putting blue cheese with green veg! This is a favourite starter at gatherings in my family. You can cook Broccoli and Stilton soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Stilton soup
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need splash of olive oil.
- You need 1 head of broccoli (hand sized!) separated into small florets,.
- Prepare of Broccoli stem more finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of leek, sliced or 5-7 spring onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium potato (250-300g), peeled and small dice.
- It’s 1 L of veg stock (I use Kallo organic).
- It’s 120-150 g of Stilton, crumbled.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
- You need of Optional, swirl of cream or olive oil.
Hope you like it, and look out. Reviews for: Photos of Broccoli and Stilton Soup. Our easy creamy broccoli and Stilton soup recipe with bubbling Stilton croûtons is the perfect antidote to the winter blues. Add the fried spring onions, Stilton and cream and blend until smooth.
Broccoli and Stilton soup instructions
- Put the butter and splash of oil in a pan (the oil will stop the butter burning) and sweat the onions for 3 minutes. Let them have a head start then add the leeks or spring onions for 5 minutes until they are all translucent and soft..
- Add the chopped raw broccoli stalks and cook them for a few minutes. Season with a couple of twists of salt and pepper..
- Add the broccoli florets, potatoes and stock. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the broccoli is tender and the potatoes are soft. If they are not cooked, test every minute or two until soft. Keep the vibrant colour by not overcooking..
- Use a stick blender to blitz the soup, then add the Stilton, stir and serve. Alternatively, put in a food blender and pour back into the pan, and add the Stilton and stir..
- Serve into a bowl, with a swirl of cream or olive oil. Enjoy with a lovely sourdough, or artisan bread or whatever you can get your hands on!.
Transfer the blended mixture to a pan and bring gently to a simmer. This broccoli and stilton soup recipe makes a classic creamy soup that's just the perfect dish for a cold day. Broccoli and Stilton Soup. by: Belle Année. What makes this soup different than others is the roasting of the broccoli, potatoes, and onion before blending. Roasting concentrates the flavors of the vegetables and creates a nuttiness that compliments the Stilton cheese's buttery, rich.