Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup. The Same Golden, Crispy Hash Browns You've Always Loved. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Place half the sliced potatoes into the baking dish; top with half the chopped ham.
Repeat layering the remaining potatoes, ham, cheeses, and sauce, ending with a layer of cheese and sauce. When the potatoes are just fork-tender, you'll stir in the package of diced ham and finish the top of the casserole with buttered cracker crumbs. Mix in condensed soup, sour cream, and cheese. You can cook Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup
- Prepare of Veggies.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes, peeled & diced.
- It’s 2 cup of chopped broccoli – I used florets.
- You need of meat.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped ham.
- It’s of Dairy.
- Prepare 3 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 cup of Milk or Heavy Cream- I used 2% to lighten this recipe up.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of flour.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- You need of Pepper, garlic, onion powder- I omitted salt due to the ham. If u choose to not use ham or meat, salt may be needed.
Spread remaining potato mixture over the ham. Easy Au Gratin Potatoes and Ham is a cheesy dish of deliciousness which is perfect for a quiet weeknight family dinner, yet fancy enough to serve guests. It's also a perfect dish to use up leftover ham. Easter and Christmas leftover ham is baked in a cheesy casserole with potatoes and a simple cream sauce.
Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup step by step
- Peel & cut up Potatoes to desired size, then toss in your crockpot.
- Melt butter in large pot or Dutch oven, then add flour. This needs to be on med-high & stir constantly.
- Flour will appear chunky & clumpy. Perfect! Fry 4-6min, still stirring!.
- Now you need to add 3 cups of HOT chicken broth & whisk whisk whisk that flour! Then add 1 & 1/2 cups of the milk or cream. Reserve the other 1 cup of broth & 1/2cup milk.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes once it's cooked about 10min on medium. Then add the cut ham, over mixture.
- Add cut up broccoli to crockpot. I used remaining milk & broth to make sure broccoli was covered with liquid. Stir mix & cover. Low4-6hrs, High 2-3..
- Add cheese during the last 30min. I did 2 heaping cupfuls, then added the rest to each bowl. Yum!.
Your family is sure to love this leftover makeover. In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onion and carrots until tender. In a saucepan, bring potatoes and water to a boil.