The easiest chicken pot pie. This was one of the best chicken pot pies I've ever had! Rachel Harris from www.managedmoms.com is joining me again this week to show you how to make an easy Chicken Pot Pie. Cover with aluminum foil or store in a resealable container.
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all frozen vegetables, and all dried herbs. You can have The easiest chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The easiest chicken pot pie
- You need 1 medium of onion, sliced.
- It’s 2 large of carrots, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of cup peas and sweetcorn.
- Prepare 1 of butter, to saute.
- Prepare 1 of salt, freshly ground pepper, and thyme top season.
- It’s 500 grams of chopped chicken fillets.
- You need 2 medium of potatoes, chopped into bite Size chunks.
- You need 1 envelope of vegetable / chicken and veg or mushroom soup.
- You need 1 of roll of puff pastry.
- You need 1 of bit of flour to coat the pie pan.
Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike. One of our most popular and top-rated meals of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce, and a hearty mix of. Chicken pot pie may be the ultimate downhome food, but there's more to pot pie than just chicken and veggies. You might be tempted to reach for a frozen pie Biscuit-Topped Chicken Potpie Recipe.
The easiest chicken pot pie instructions
- Saute onions in butter, and a little oil if you like, until soft..
- Add chopped carrots and potatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Thereafter add chicken and season well with salt, pepper, thyme and any seasoning of your choice.
- Add peas and sweetcorn.
- Add one cup of water, or enough to just cover the chicken and vegetables.
- Once the potatoes are nearly soft, mix an envelope of powdered soup of your choice in about half a cup of water until there's no lumps..
- Add to the pot and stir until the sauce is thick..
- Roll out puff pastry and cut in half. Place one half on the bottom of a casserole or pie dish, which has been sprinkled with flour to prevent Sticking..
- Bake the pastry in a 180°F oven for about 5 minutes or until it starts to puff.
- Remove pastry base from oven and add the chicken and veg filling ontop. Place the remaining layer of pastry over the filling, and seal the edges..
- Brush pastry with a little bit of milk or egg and bake in the oven at 180°F until golden brown..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
A can of refrigerated biscuits might just make for the easiest pot pie topping ever. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, herbs, and more. It's cozy comfort food that feeds a crowd! Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made from scratch, it can be really delicious and satisfying. I am neither a pot pie lover or a biscuit lover, but I had seconds on this.