Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cut Out Sugar Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cut Out Sugar Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we have to avoid them. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods honestly do improve your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Cold water fish are excellent if you are wanting to feel happier. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you battle your depression.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cut out sugar cookies recipe. To make cut out sugar cookies you only need 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cut Out Sugar Cookies:
- You need of Cookie Dough Ingredients :.
- Provide 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Take 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of almond extract.
- Provide 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare of Frosting Ingredients :.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 2-2 1/2 tbsp. of room temperature water or milk.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
Instructions to make Cut Out Sugar Cookies:
- Cream the butter in a large bowl with the mixer until smooth and creamy, a minute or so. Add in the sugar and cream together another 2 minutes, until fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla and almond extract and mix an additional minute or two..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add about half into the wet mix and mix until just combined, then mix in the other half of the flour mix..
- Separate the dough into two seperate, equal portions. Roll each one out on parchment paper to about 1/4 inch thickness. Refrigerate rolled out dough at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours..
- Once dough is chilled and your ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2-3 baking trays with parchment paper..
- Take one dough portion out of the fridge and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Place shapes onto baking trays. Continue to re-roll dough until you've used it all. Repeat with second portion of dough..
- Bake 8-10 minutes (my oven runs hotter and my cookies only took 6 minutes), rotating the baking tray halfway through the cook time. They should be just barely colored and look slightly underbaked..
- Cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool completely before frosting..
- Once ready to frost, simply whisk the frosting ingredients together in a medium bowl. If using food coloring, add that in also..
- Frost the cookies in any way you'd like. If using sprinkles, use right after frosting the cookie, before the frosting begins to set..
- Frosting will be completely set within 24 hours, then you can stack them. But you don't have to wait, you can eat them immediately..
- Store at room temperature for up to 5 days..
This easy cutout sugar cookie recipe is the best! It makes soft cookies with lightly crisp edges. The perfect sugar cookie for decorating! Bake your cut-out sugar cookies following recipe instructions, but it's always a good idea to keep an eye on the cookies in case your oven runs hotter or cooler. After you've cut out, baked, and completely cooled the cookies, the next step — and the most fun part.
If you find this Cut Out Sugar Cookies recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-07-24 17:58:23.