Chicken Pot Pie. Choose From Our Selection Of Chicken Pot Pie Gifts That Will Delight Again. Show How Much You Care with Gourmet Gifts from Harry & David. Compare Prices on Chicken Pot Pie Dishes in Bakeware.
This chicken pot pie casserole combines a Pennsylvania Dutch noodle pot pie with a more traditional crust-style pot pie for a hearty and comforting meal. You can use chicken in place of the turkey, if desired.. Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- You need 6 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts (2.5 lbs).
- It’s 2 Cups of sliced/diced carrots.
- Prepare 1 Cup of sliced/diced celery.
- You need 1 Cup of chopped onions.
- You need 1.5 tsp. of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp. of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of flour.
- You need 1 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 2 Cups of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Frozen Peas.
- Prepare 2 of Tblsp. Minced Parsley.
- Prepare of Enough Pie Dough for 2 bottom crusts and 2 top crusts.
A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°. I make sure all ingredients are cut up and measured ahead of time..
- Add butter to large skillet on medium heat. Melt butter, then add chicken pieces, carrots, celery, onion, salt, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Stir often and cook until chicken is done..
- Add flour to chicken and vegetables and stir until all flour is moistened. Slowly stir in the cream and then chicken broth. Cook until mixture is bubbling hot and thickens. Stir often..
- Remove pie mixture from heat and stir in frozen peas and parsley. Let mixture cool for about 30 minutes before filling the pie crusts..
- Place bottom pie crusts in both deep dish 9" pie dishes or pans. Spoon cooled pie filling evenly between two pies. Top each pie with a 2nd crust. Seal edges of top and bottom crusts together on each pie. Cut 3-4 slits in top of pie crusts to allow steam to escape during the bake time..
- Apply an egg wash to the top of each pie. (1 large egg, 1 tablespoon water OR milk. I use milk.) Apply with a pastry brush. See how golden brown and shiny crust is? Its the egg wash!.
- Place each pie pan on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven. Crust will be golden brown and filling will bubble when pie is done..
- Cool pies for 15 – 30 minutes before cutting and serving. I get six pieces per pie..
- Link to my PIE CRUST RECIPE: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345384-southern-pie-crust?invite_token=UY35ewXpWDvLCEexbW5huhRF&shared_at=1604953988.
Separate the… Chicken pot pie doesn't have to be a huge ordeal! Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat. Cut slits to allow steam to escape. This chicken pot pie recipe is also known as "Mrs. Hering's Chicken Pot Pie" in the Marshall Field's Cookbook, from the famed Chicago Marshall Fields department store.