Pickled Eggplant. This traditional recipe for quick-and-easy, Italian-style pickled eggplant known as melanzane sott'aceto does not require a complicated canning process. Moroccan Pickled Eggplant with garlic, coriander seeds and cilantro. A delicious way to preserve your garden eggplant just a little bit longer!
Learn to make pickled eggplant, a classic Italian-American condiment or side dish. This recipe uses just eight ingredients in four steps, complete with photos. For crunchy pickles, you need fresh, crispy vegetables – but for this style of pickling, eggplants that are going a little soft or zucchini that are a bit wrinkly will work well. You can cook Pickled Eggplant using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pickled Eggplant
- It’s 3 pcs. of selected long straight eggplants.
- It’s 5 pcs. of finger chillies.
- You need 1 of ginger (sliced julienne).
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbs. of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt to taste.
See more ideas about Pickling recipes, Pickled veggies, Canning recipes. Pickled Eggplant With their delicate flavor, tender skin and paucity of seeds, Japanese eggplants are a fine substitute for the more common and larger eggplant found in local grocery stores. There is the following rather simple recipe, which make the pickled eggplant. Pickled eggplant is a type of preserved vegetable normally made by first washing and slicing the eggplant before straining out the juices and then sealing the slices in sterilized glass jars.
Pickled Eggplant step by step
- Cut the selected eggplants into quarter parts. (or as average size of finger).
- Cut the chillies into half following its length..
- Put the veggies into the pot..
- Top with minced garlic and onions.
- Add the sugar and a little salt..
- Cook the veggies for about 2 minutes or until it boils in low fire, avoid over cooking the veggies specially the eggplant. (halfly cooked).
- Taste the syrup until you get the exact taste of sugar, garlic and the vinegar..
- Set aside and cool it down for 20 mins. before transferring into canister..
- Transfer the pickles into canister and chill. Serves as side dish. Best served when chilled..
We liked our advice, then we recommend making eggplants with cabbage for the winter – you will get a wonderful snack for the festive table. Eggplant lovers, this is THE Recipe for you! Chinese Eggplant With Garlic Sauce with tender, moist eggplant and a sweet and savory sauce. Pickled eggplant should join the pantheon of classic pickles. It deserves a spot up there between the kosher dills and dilly beans.