Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
When you go to the grocery store, be smart about it. If you make smart choices when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and use what you have on hand. Fill your pantry shelves with nutritious foods. By doing this, even when you choose that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are lots of things you can do to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about reducing your weight. It is more about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef and barley vegtable soup recipe. To make beef and barley vegtable soup you need 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup:
- Take 1 pound of Beef Bottom Round Steak (Thin).
- Use 3 Tablespoons of Flour.
- Get 4 teaspoons of Course Salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Oil (olive or avocado).
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of Garlic (minced).
- Use 1 of Yellow Onion (chopped).
- Provide 2 Stalks of Celery (minced).
- Prepare 4 of Carrots (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of Red Wine.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Use 6 cups of Beef Broth.
- Use 4 of New Potatoes (diced).
- Get 1 can of Diced Tomatoes.
- Take 1 can of Green beans.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin (ground).
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano (leaves).
- Get 3 teaspoons of Season Salt.
- Provide 1 cup of Quick Barley.
- You need 1 package of Brown Gravy.
- Use 2 of Green Onions.
Steps to make Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup:
- Add oil, garlic, onion, celery, and carrots to 5 or 6 quart pot on medium/high heat..
- Chop beef into 2 inch strips, sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides and cover in flour. Add beef to pot with vegetables and cook until brown, stirring occasionally..
- Add red wine and soy sauce to pot and stir to deglaze. Add beef broth, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, to pot and bring to a boil..
- Add cumin, oregano, and season salt. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Stir gravy package into soup and add barley. Cover and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add green onions to soup and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes..
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve..
Skim the fat occasionally from the top of the soup. Beef barley soup should taste deeply beefy, and should be loaded with chunks of tender, flavorful meat, plump grains of barley, and aromatic vegetables. The secret to those results is to make it much like a beef stew, choosing the right cut of beef, handling it the right way, and adding more complex layers of flavor. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown beef on all sides; drain.
If you find this Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.