Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Choose water over other products. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your only source of hydration, conversely, is dumb. Choosing water instead of other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. This also helps you decrease your caloric intake by hundreds of points without having to buy and eat gross diet foods. Water is ordinarily one of the keys to really losing weight and becoming really healthy.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Trying to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your lifestyle choices. You really want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup recipe. You can have broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Take 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Provide 1 of medium onion.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic.
- Use 4 cups of broccoli.
- Take 1 cup of cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery.
- Get 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 2 cups of half and half.
- You need 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop up the rest of the vegetables. Carrots and celery should be chopped into smaller chunks, while broccoli and cauliflower can be in medium to large chunks..
- Prepare a pot to steam the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrot. Fill the pot with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Then place vegetables in steamer for about 7 minutes until soft..
- Melt butter in a pot at medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender (5-7 minutes)..
- Turn down heat slightly (to medium-low) and gradually whisk flour into the pot with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly golden..
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth, stirring all the while. Add some salt and pepper to taste at this point. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until it thickens (about 20 minutes)..
- Add the steamed vegetables and cook (still at medium-low heat) for another 10-15 minutes..
- If you want to purée the soup, let it COOL DOWN to near room temp, then put in a blender on purée mode. You may have to work in batches. If soup is still steaming a little, REMOVE the middle piece in the top of the blender cover so the steam can escape. Have a clean dish towel or paper towel to hover over the opening to minimize any mess. Combine puréed batches back into pot and warm it back up to then continue with step 8..
- Add cheese to the soup (handful at a time) and stir until melted..
Add broccoli stems and cauliflower to potato mixture. Broccoli cauliflower soup is creamy, comforting, and perfect for chilly nights! This healthy soup recipe is a hit with my entire family! I like to serve this broccoli and cauliflower soup with some crumbled bacon and grated cheddar on top. A little sour cream would be nice too!
If you find this Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.