Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Be smart when you do your food shopping. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a busy store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You’re going to go home and make what you already have. Make sure that what you have on hand is healthful. This makes it effortless to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make smart choices every day is a great start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also important. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and winter vegetable soup recipe. You can have ham and winter vegetable soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup:
- Prepare 2 litres of ham stock.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Use 2 of carrots.
- Use 1 of parsnip.
- Provide 1 of leek.
- You need 1 of medium potato.
- Use 1 of bayleaf.
- Prepare 1 can of white beans, cannellini or similar.
- Take of Leftover pieces of ham or bacon lardons.
- Get of Black pepper.
Instructions to make Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup:
- If you are starting with some ham stock and the ends of a joint, strip the bone and place it in the stock and boil for about 45 minutes. Remove the bone from the stock and strip off any leftover pieces of meat, set these aside and discard the bone..
- Prepare the vegetables, peel and chop them into neat pieces, around the same size, the same way as you would for a minestrone..
- Add the vegetables to the stock together with the bayleaf and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes, then add the drained, rinsed beans and plenty of black pepper. You might not want to use all the beans, I used just over a half..
- When all the vegetables are soft – check each type – add the pieces of ham, taste for seasoning and add black pepper if needed. You won't need any salt..
- Transfer 3 or 4 ladles of soup into a jug or bowl and process with a stick blender until completely smooth, then pour back into the soup, this gives the soup a creaminess, you could leave it as more of a minestrone clear broth, or process all of it, depending on how you like your soup. Serve hot in warmed bowls..
If you find this Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2020-12-31 00:18:15.