Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Lowering costs Within the Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the environment were tree huggers and hippies? Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are not able to transform things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. These types of adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
You may prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you a lot less money. When you find out it will take 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you’ll look for more ways to use the microwave. In comparison with your stove, you can make boiled water and also steamed vegetables faster, and use considerably less energy, by using countertop appliances. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is specifically effective when it’s full before a cycle is commenced. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can increase the amount of money you save.
The kitchen by itself provides you with many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Natural living is actually something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. Mostly, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chocolate chunk sourdough bread recipe. To cook chocolate chunk sourdough bread you only need 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread:
- Get of **Sourdough Pre-dough**.
- Take 45 g of bread flour or all purpose flour.
- You need 30 g of sourdough starter (wet kind).
- Prepare 15 g of water (1 Tbsp), might need 1 more Tbsp.
- Get of **Main Dough**.
- Provide 425 g of bread flour.
- Use 265 g of water (265 ml).
- You need 10 g of salt.
- You need 1/2 g of active dry yeast (1 heaping 1/8 tsp).
- You need 30 g of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 75 g of dark molasses (or honey).
- You need of **Mix-ins**.
- Use 100 g of semi-sweet chocolate, cut into chunks.
Instructions to make Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread:
- Mix the sourdough pre-dough together in a small bowl. Cover and let rest for 12 hours at room temperature..
- After 12 hours, mix the pre-dough with the main dough ingredients in a large bowl until the dough comes together..
- Remove to a floured working surface and knead for 15 minutes until smooth and elastic..
- Fold in the chocolate in batches..
- When all chocolate is folded in, knead for 1 more minute..
- Return dough to bowl, cover and let rise 2 hours at room temperature..
- After 2 hours, divide the dough into two equal portions. Shape into a round boules or longer oval loaf, or one each..
- Dust with a little flour and cover with a clean cloth. Let rise another 3 hours..
- Preheat oven to 230C/445F. While preheating, place a shallow tray at the bottom of the oven for creating steam. We'll be pouring in boiling water in right before baking to get the steam..
- When ready to bake, prepare some boiling water to pour in the tray at the bottom of the oven..
- Cut a slit down the center of each bread dough right before putting in oven to bake..
- Pour in some boiling water into the tray, then immediately put in the bread. Bake at 230°C/445°F for 10 minutes then remove the steam tray. Lower heat to 190°C/375°F and bak for another 25 minutes. (Total 35 minutes). Remove and let cool on a rack..
If you find this Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.