Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we ought to keep away from them. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. A number of foods really do improve your mood when you eat them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Build a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all good for raising your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel at all times. The more serotonin you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Nuts, on top of raising your mood, can be a superb source of protein.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai massaman chicken curry recipe. You can cook thai massaman chicken curry using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Massaman Chicken Curry:
- Prepare 250 g of chicken, cut into long strips.
- Get 2 tablespoons of Massaman curry paste.
- Use 1 of onion chopped in big chunks.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Get 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2-3 of grated palm sugar (or brown sugar).
- Take 2 tbsp of tamarind.
- Prepare 1 of medium-sized potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need 4-5 tablespoons of unsalted roasted peanuts (can use cashew nut if prefer).
- Prepare 1 of star anise.
- Provide 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of big red chilli, finely sliced.
Steps to make Thai Massaman Chicken Curry:
- In a big saucepan, add about 3-4 tbsp coconut milk (use the thick part) and wait until coconut milk start bubbling. Add Massaman curry paste in and mix well. Wait until some beautiful red oil separated from the curry paste..
- Add chicken in and stir for 2-3 min. Then add star anise and cinnamon stick in the curry and mix in well..
- Add onion and potatoes in, mix all well and add the rest of your coconut milk in..
- Seasoning with fishsauce, palm sugar, tamarind. Give it a taste it should be sweet, salty and a little sour and nutty. You can add some more fishsauce, palm sugar or tamarind if you prefer. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts, red chilli and stir well..
- Leave it to cook for about another 25 min or until potatoes cooked. Add a little bit of water if needed too. Perfectly serve with thai jasmine rice..
Massaman curry is made with mild red chilies, so it's not considered too spicy for most people. Chicken Massaman Curry is one of my favorite dishes! The name itself can be spelled a million different ways…Massaman, Masuman, Masumun, Matsaman… no matter how you spell it, the delicious dish tastes the same. I came up with my own version of this tasty Thai dish after a girls' night. Thai Massaman Curry that's creamy and dreamy with many Indian spice undertones, made with tender chicken and sweet potatoes.
If you find this Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-07-23 21:06:06.