Eggplant crispy bharta. Eggplant crispy bharta Baingan ka bharta. Scoop out flesh and discard skin. This meal is highly recommended for Iftaar and as afternoon snacks, you'll definitely enjoy it.
This meal is highly recommended for Iftaar and as afternoon snacks, you'll definitely enjoy it. Healthy and refreshing drink for kids and adults too. Baingan bharta is a popular north Indian dish where fire roasted eggplant is mashed and cooked with spices. You can cook Eggplant crispy bharta using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant crispy bharta
- Prepare 3 of big eggplant peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 of big chopped onions.
- Prepare 6 of large red tomatoes diced.
- You need 2 of green chilli.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chaat masala.
- You need Half of tablespoon black pepper powder.
- Prepare of Few chilli flakes.
- You need 1 cup of boiled peas.
- It’s of Some chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of curry leaves.
- You need 1 tablespoon of kasoori methi.
The traditional bharta is a long process, Large eggplants are roasted over a flame or grill to char the skin. Punjabi baingan ka bharta requires that the eggplant is roasted. This can be done in several different ways. The first is to roast it on a gas cooktop by just placing the eggplant straight on the burner and keeping the flame on low setting.
Eggplant crispy bharta instructions
- First put two glass water in the cooker and put peeled eggplant and have two three whistles.
- Now for masala, in a heavy base pan add some oil and cumin seeds.
- Now add ginger and green chilli.
- Now add onion and roast until it looks little golden.
- Now add tomatoes and at other side dry roast all the spices together and add it with tomatoes.
- Now stir the masala at very low flame for atleast 20 minutes.
- Strain the boiled eggplant nad peas and add it to masala.again stir for 15 minutes.
- Yummy eggplant bharta is ready.
Keep turning and cooking until all the skin on the eggplant is charred and the inner flesh looks really soft. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. The dish can be made by roasting the eggplant on a gas burner till the peel is all charred. The original Punjabi Bharta recipe though uses the charred eggplant. Allowed eggplant to cool just for a few minutes and then sliced into quarters (with a sharp knife because eggplant centers were perfectly creamy).
Originally posted 2021-01-08 11:11:49.