Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
Many of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are terrible and must be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be super healthy and good for you. Several foods really do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Put together several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be raised by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that tells your brain how you feel at all times. The more serotonin in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Not just that but nuts, in particular, are a terrific source of protein.
See, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try some of these hints instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bean & ham hock soup recipe. You can have bean & ham hock soup using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Bean & Ham Hock soup:
- Provide 1 1/3 lb of dried beans.
- You need 1 of water.
- Use 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Get 3 of large Ham Hocks.
- Prepare of spices.
- Take 3 tsp of salt (more or less to your liking).
- Get 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (more or less to taste).
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Use 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Get 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning mix.
Instructions to make Bean & Ham Hock soup:
- Cover beans with water, by about an inch or more. Set aside for 8 hours to soak..
- 3 hours before beans are done place ham hocks in a pot, cover with water..
- Bring hocks to a boil, cover, turn down to a simmer. Check water level periodically to add more if required. If using fixed ham, do not do these hocks steps..
- When hocks have simmered for 3 hours, pull hocks out, place on a plate to allow to cool..
- Place soaked beans in large pot. Add 8 cups of hock broth and water to bring it to 8 cups..
- Bring beans to a boil, turn down heat to a simmer, cover. Stir ever 10-15 minutes.
- After hocks cool down, remove bones, shred/chop meat and skin to bit sized pieces..
- After beans have simmered 1 1/2 hours).
- Chop one large onion (yellow or sweet is what I usually use), add to beans, stir.
- Adds ham hocks or if using diced ham to beans, stir.
- If using a premixed add season packet. Or add spices in ingredients list, not both!.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, serve.
Bean is the titular protagonist in the comedy series of the same title. He is a slow-witted, sometimes ingenious, selfish, and generally likable buffoon who brings various unusual schemes and connivances to everyday tasks. Bean lives alone in his small flat in Highbury, North London. Bean has trouble completing the simplest of tasks in day-to-day life, but his perseverance and resourcefulness frequently allow him to find ingenious ways around problems. Bean definition, the edible nutritious seed of various plants of the legume family, especially of the genus Phaseolus.
If you find this Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-07-21 00:38:55.