Banana Nut Bread (or Muffins).
You can have Banana Nut Bread (or Muffins) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Nut Bread (or Muffins)
- Prepare 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream) at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 4 of large spotty bananas, mashed.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, chopped coarsely (or chocolate chips).
Banana Nut Bread (or Muffins) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan (or grease muffin tins or grease 4 mini loaf pans). If making a loaf, then also line the loaf pan with a slip of parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to easily lift out the finished loaf..
- Cream together butter and sugar until well blended, about 2 minutes. Mix in the vanilla and yogurt. Mix the eggs in one at a time, beating well after each one. Lastly, beat in the banana. Once everything is incorporated, set this aside..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together both cups of flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Then add to wet mixture. Mix together until just combined. Fold in the walnuts (or chocolate chips)..
- Bread directions: Pour mixture into loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center clean. Cool in pan on a cooling rack until completely cooled. Then remove the loaf from the pan and slice using a sharp, serrated knife..
- Muffin directions: Pour batter into muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in muffin tin for about 10 minutes, then remove and allow muffins to cool completely on cooling rack..
- Mini Loaves (pictured at top): Pour batter into greased mini loaf pans and bake for 33-38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers come out clean. Place the loaf pans onto a wire rack to cool completely..
Originally posted 2021-01-22 11:29:29.