Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Go up the stairs. Rather than using an elevator, climb up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a extremely high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is entirely do-able. Even if your office or home is on one of the top floors, you can choose to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the remainder of the way. Most people will decide to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of getting exercise on the stairs. Even just a sole flight of stairs, when walked up or down a few times a day–can be a great boost to your system.
There are lots of things you can do to become healthy. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your health levels. You need to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to light and moist chocolate sponge cake recipe. To make light and moist chocolate sponge cake you only need 7 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake:
- Prepare 3 of Egg whites (large).
- Take 120 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Provide 3 of Egg yolks (large).
- Prepare 80 grams of Cake flour.
- Take 50 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 30 grams of Butter (or margarine).
- You need 20 grams of Cocoa powder.
Instructions to make Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake:
- About the ingredients: I recommend using large eggs. Refrigerate until use. You can substitute margarine for baking for the butter. Preliminaries: Line the mold with parchment paper. If the paper curls up, oil the cake tin before putting in the paper and it will stick to the oil..
- Put egg whites in a bowl, and whip with a handheld mixer. (Make sure that you use an impeccably clean bowl. If it has any water or oil in it, the egg whites won't whip up properly!).
- When the egg whites are whipped to an even, smooth consistency, add 1/2 of the granulated sugar and whip together. When it's very fluffy add the rest of the sugar, and keep whipping until it turns into a smooth, shiny meringue..
- If stiff peaks form when you lift the mixer, it's done! (It's a must to make a meringue that forms peaks!).
- Add the yolks to the meringue and mix well. (When the yolks are evenly incorporated, it's done.).
- Sift the cake flour into the batter. Use a rubber spatula and mix up from the bottom using a cut-and-fold motion. It's easier if you turn the bowl with one hand as you mix! (Whatever you do, don't beat or knead the batter. Mix as little as possible.).
- Put the butter and milk into a heatproof bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for a minute and a half. (You can also warm it in a small pan.).
- When the butter and milk are warm, sift in the cocoa powder and mix to dissolve. (It's a bother, but be sure to sift it!).
- Keep on mixing until the cocoa has completely dissolved! (Make sure there are no lumps!).
- Add the Step 9 mix to the Step 6 batter a little at a time. (If you add it all at once the cocoa butter will sink down to the bottom!) Mix the batter up from the bottom while turning the bowl with one hand, using a cutting motion and working quickly. (Be sure not to beat or knead it at this point too. Mix as little as possible.).
- Pour the batter into the lined mold. (Since the batter at the bottom of the bowl does not rise well, pour it around the perimeter of the mold, where it will cook faster.) Drop the filled cake pan 4 to 5 times at a height to eliminate air pockets, and smooth out the surface..
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in a preheated 340°F/170°C oven. If you poke the middle with a bamboo skewer and it comes out clean, it's done! As soon as it's baked, drop it at a height of 20-30 cm onto a work surface to prevent the cake from shrinking..
- Put a well wrung out moistened kitchen towel on your work surface, and take the spongecake out of the cake pan. Peel the paper off the sides. (Put the cake top upside down.).
- Put the cake pan back on the cake and leave for 2 to 3 minutes. (This is to make the top surface flat, and to even out the moisture in the cake.).
- Take the cake pan off and peel off the paper from the bottom..
- Turn the cake over and cool on a cake rack..
- Cover the spongecake with a moistened and tightly wrung out kitchen towel, and leave to cool..
- When the spongecake is cool, slice horizontally and fill and decorate as you like. (The cake is easier to slice if you let it rest for a day. Keep in a plastic bag.).
- How to slice the sponge cake cleanly: Mark the sides vertically with a knife so that you can re-stack the layers later..
- If you don't have a cake slicer: Insert toothpicks where you want to slice through the cake, starting with the upper layer, spacing the toothpicks evenly (in 4 to 8 places)..
- Slice through the cake on top of the toothpicks horizontally. Slice the lower layer in the same way..
- Re-stack the layers, following the vertical marks you made in Step 19..
- Tip: If you flip the bottom layer over, put the middle layer on top, and the top layer in the middle, the cake will be easier to decorate..
- To make a 12 cm diameter cake: Re-calculate the amounts based on 1 egg. (I halve the amounts mixed for the 18 cm cake.) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (28 minutes works best for my oven)..
- To make a 15 cm diameter cake: Halve the amount of ingredients used for the 20 cm cake. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (340°F/170°C, 34 minutes in a gas oven)..
- To make a 21 cm diameter cake: Re-calculate the amounts based on 5 eggs (Or multiply the amounts for the 18 cm cake by 1.5.) Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (35 minutes works best)..
- To mak
e a 12 cm diameter cake plus a 15 cm diameter cake: Use the amount of ingredients specified for the 18 cm or 20 cm cakes (I prefer the latter). Baking times – 12 cm = 28 minutes, 15 cm = 34 minutes..
- When trying to figure out how much batter you need for a particular round or square mold, just keep in mind that you should have 1 egg for every 500 ml of batter poured inside the pan..
If you find this Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.