Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Lowering costs Within the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good an area to begin with as any. Do this for the whole house, not merely the kitchen. You should change your incandescent lights by using energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. They cost a little bit more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. One of the advantages is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it ensures that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will probably end up at a landfill site. It goes further than just replacing the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is actually another good thing to do. The family spends a lot of time in the cooking area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. This likewise takes place in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off until you absolutely need them, and see just how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not really that hard. A lot of it is merely making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheese soup – slow cooker recipe. You can have broccoli cheese soup – slow cooker using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Prepare of broccoli florets (from about 2 large heads broccoli).
- Prepare of large carrots, peeled and shredded.
- Use of yellow onion, finely diced.
- Provide of garlic, minced.
- Get of cream cheese.
- Use of dried oregano.
- Get of salt.
- Get of pepper.
- Use of each ground nutmeg, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- Get of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare of milk.
- Use of heavy cream.
- Get of all purpose flour.
- Get of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese.
- You need of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Grease your slow cooker (6 qt. size). Place the broccoli florets, shredded carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom. Top with the cream cheese, seasonings and broth. Give it all a stir, place the lid on and set the heat to low. Cook for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender..
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, until it is mostly smooth, but still with some chunks. Whisk together the milk, cream and flour and stir it into the soup, along with the cheeses. Place the lid back on and set the heat to high. Let this cook another 30-45 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly, is fully heated through and the cheese has fully melted. Taste and add more seasonings if it needs it, then serve..
I prefer using the slow cooker as it tastes so much better. Both fresh and frozen broccoli will work fine in this soup. Make this easy Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup for a comforting and easy meal, velvety smooth and full of vegetables. This crockpot broccoli cheese soup is a cheesy comfort food classic that's warm and satisfying for everyone in the family. With just fifteen minutes of prep, your slow cooker does all of the work for you, and the result is a delicious soup that will have everyone spooning up seconds.
If you find this Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.