Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Go up the stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work as an alternative to using the elevator. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a great way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the upper floors, you can still get off of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. So many people choose the elevator over clambering even a single flight of stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a several times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also important. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your healthfulness. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jeera aloo (roasted potatoes with cumin) recipe. You can have jeera aloo (roasted potatoes with cumin) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin):
- Take 250 gms of potatoes boiled and cubed.
- Take 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- Provide 1 tsp of Ginger Garlic paste.
- Use 1 of Green chilli finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Use As needed of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of kasthoori methi leaves crushed.
- Prepare 1 of tbps Coriander leaves chopped finely.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
Steps to make Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin):
- Boil the potatoes peel them and cube into pieces. Keep aside. Heat oil in wide kadai add mustard seeds. Once mustard seeds crackled completely add cumin seeds..
- Add chopped onion. Saute for a bit add ginger garlic paste and green chilli. Once the raw smell goes off, reduce the flame. Add all the masala powders one by one and mix with another hand. Don't burn the masala. Add salt and Kasturi methi leaves, saute a bit..
- Now add the cubed potatoes and mix it carefully don't break the potatoes. Roast for another 5 minutes in medium flame and stir every one minute. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with any rice or roti..
Notes: Jeera Aloo also can be served as snack or chat drizzling with whipped yogurt and tamarind chutney. Make sandwiches, use left over Roti or Paratha and roo Aloo. Jeera Aloo is a typical vegetarian Indian dish which is often served as a side dish and normally goes well with hot puris, chapatti, roti or dal. Its main ingredients are potatoes (aloo), cumin seeds (jeera) and Indian spices. Jeera aloo is potatoes cooked with cumin seeds.
If you find this Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.