Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is done, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
Make smart choices when grocery shopping. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier automatically. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a chaotic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You’re going to go home and make what you have in the cupboards. Fill your pantry shelves with healthy foods. This way—even if you choose something a little greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are many things you can pursue to become healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also important. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about losing weight. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to one pot mexican beef and brown rice recipe. To cook one pot mexican beef and brown rice you only need 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice:
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Take 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Use 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Use 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- Provide 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Take 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Get 2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- Use 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of onion powder.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Take 1 of medium yellow squash, sliced into thin coins, then quartered.
- Provide 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (reduced sodium recommended).
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need of Optional Toppings :.
- Take of ·Sour Cream.
- Prepare of ·Drizzle of sriracha.
- Get of ·Crushed Tortilla Chips.
- Take of ·Additional Shredded Cheese.
- Take of ·Shredded Lettuce.
- Use of ·Diced Avacado.
- Use of ·Freshly Diced Tomato.
- Use of ·Sliced Jalapenos.
Steps to make One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice:
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes and beans. Then stir in the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the broth and the squash. Let it come to a boil. Once boiling, place the lid on and decrease the heat down to med-low..
- Allow to simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking (if using a different kind of rice besides brown rice, then decrease the cook time), until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once done and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place the lid back on so the cheese will melt, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers..
- It's very versatile. Pictured with pinto beans instead of black beans and 1 cup corn kernels instead of squash –>.
If you find this One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.