Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Pork belly tacos recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pork belly tacos recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
Climb stairs. Rather than riding an elevator, take the stairs to the floor you live or work on. While this will be hard to do if you live on or if your job is on a extremely high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is completely do-able. If you do work on a very high floor, why not get off the elevator a few floors earlier and walk the rest of the way? Most people will choose to be lazy and take an elevator instead of getting exercise on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are many things you can pursue to become healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A good amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about reducing your weight. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pork belly tacos recipe. To make pork belly tacos you only need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Pork belly tacos:
- You need 4 lb of pork belly.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Dry rub with low sugar.
- Get of Corn tortillas.
- Use of Flour tortillas.
- Use of Additional topping options.
- Use of Shredded cabbage for crunch.
- Take of Fresh salsa.
- Provide of Mexican cojita cheese crumbles.
- Prepare of Diced onions.
- You need of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Limes.
- Take of Tomatoes.
Steps to make Pork belly tacos:
- Remove pork belly from packaging and rinse with cold tap water. Pat dry and set on a cookie sheet..
- Slice top side of skin into 1.5 to 2 in squares just deep enough to get to the fat layer..
- Rub entire belly with olive oil..
- Cover entire belly with dry rub. (use a low sugar rub to avoid burning) I prefer a mixture of blacking seasoning and light dashes of Slap Yo Mamas..
- Cook @325 for 3.5 hours. Then last 20 minutes broil on low to get a crispy layer..
- Bake for 3.5 hours on a stainless steel rack inset in a cookie sheet. This ensures the belly is above the drippings and helps get the entire surface roasted evenly. The pork belly is done after the entire belly is a consistent color and will be soft if you probe it with a wooden skewer or fork. The meat should tear from the edge fairly easy. Last 20- 30minutes turn on your broiler on low to turn on the top side heating element. This will crispy the top even more but becareful not to let it burn..
- The risk of over cooking is lower since it is a high fat content cut..
- Once the belly is pulled from oven slice 1 inch slices the length of the belly if you are going to serve immediately or let cool on rack on counter and put away in fridge without slicing. Either way you choose the next step is the same. Once sliced in strips cut slices into chunks..
- Get a pan hot med to high heat preferably a cast iron pan and put chunks in. As the cold fat starts to soften break up with the spoon into shreds as big as you would like. If serving straight out the oven break up the chunks into shreds. You are going to quickly sear the shreds as crispy as you would prefer..
- Once meat is to your liking remove meat to serving dish. Fry your corn tortillas in the same pan the belly was cooked in for extra flavor. You can use a hot skillet to heat corn or flour tortillas..
Fill each tortilla with a slice or two of pork belly and top with pickled slaw. Chef, culinary instructor, cooking show host and James Beard Award-winning cookbook author Joanne Weir has a new collection of recipes out, Kitchen Gypsy, and you're going to want it. Castacán is the Yucatecan version of crispy pork belly. These tacos, based on the ones I had at Wayan'e, a Mérida institution, are crisped up on a griddle, then topped with shredded cheese. Remove the pork belly from the marinade and place on the grill.
If you find this Pork belly tacos recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.