Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy and balanced.
Make smart decisions when shopping for groceries. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home immediately and eat something beneficial. Your kitchen should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it simple to have a great meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are a lot of things that work toward your getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done each day, can do a great deal to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your health levels. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to asian style pork belly recipe. You can have asian style pork belly using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY:
- Provide 750 grams of Pork Belly.
- You need of Chinese 5 Spice Powder.
- Take 3 of Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Ginger (peeled and chopped finely).
- Provide 1 of Red Chilli (finely sliced).
- Use 1 of Stick of Lemongrass (bashed and cut into 3 pieces).
- Get 800 ml of Chicken Stock.
- Provide of Olive Oil.
- Get 1 cup of water.
Steps to make ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY:
- Pre heat your oven to as high as it will go , which will give the skin a chance to start crisping up..
- Make sure that your pork belly is scored on the top in a criss cross pattern. Most pieces come with it done already, but if not then use a very sharp knife, and cut around half a centimeter into the skin..
- Sprinkle the 5 spice powder over the top of the pork belly, and make sure to give it a good rub to get all of the flavours into the cuts on the top. Then drizzle with olive oil, and give it a good rub all over, then set aside for around 30 mins to let it do its magic..
- In the meantime, it is time to prepare your stock. I find the jelly stock pots perfect for this, so chuck your stock cube into a measuring jug and add the water. Then add the chilli, ginger, garlic and lemongrass. With the lemongrass it is important to bash it with the flat part of a knife before you add it, as this releases all of the flavour. Set this aside to let all of the flavours infuse..
- Grab yourself a small deep sided roasting tray, that is big enough to fit the pork belly in whilst still allowing around 5 cm of space around the sides. Put the roasting tray on the hob and add a good glug of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the pork belly and colour it on all sides, but not the top. Once this is done, turn off the gas..
- By now, your oven should be screaming hot, so transfer the pork belly in its roasting tray to the oven, and let it cook for around 20 mins..
- Remove the tray from the oven, and turn the temperature right down to 150°c and then pour your stock (which should be smelling amazing by now) very carefully around the sides of the pork belly, and leaving a bit aside just in case you need to top it up. It is VERY important to make sure that the stock doesn't cover the fatty top as this will stop it from crisping up..
- Put the pork belly back into the oven, and cook for around 1½ hours. After around an hour, go back and make sure that the stock level hasn't dropped too low..
- After 1½ hours, remove the pork belly from the oven and take it out of the tray. Set aside for 10 minutes to let it rest…. and your done! I like my crackling REALLY crispy, but this is down to your own personal choice..
- I like to serve this dish with steamed Pak Choi, and Dauphinoise potatoes..
Asian-style pork belly pancakes (Donna Hay)Source: Donna Hay. Divide the pork and crackling between the pancakes. Top with the pickled vegetables, hoisin sauce and chilli. This is a great pork belly stew Shanghai style! The pork belly is cut into dices, roasted, then braised with Chinese cooking wine, and finally caramelized.
If you find this ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.