Honey preserved prune pork belly. Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetables aka Mei Cai Kou Rou in Chinese / Mui Choy Kau Yuk in Cantonese is a notable dish in Hakka cuisine. Time to show how to make Pork Belly Sous Vide for the New Year! Marinated for twenty-four hours, this flavorful pork belly is then brushed with honey and then roasted.
Use strong honey, such as manuka, so the flavour permeates this rich and sticky pork dish. Cut the pork belly into smaller strips and then mix with marinating sauce, ginger, garlic and scallion. Place in air-tight bag and do a small message. You can cook Honey preserved prune pork belly using 27 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey preserved prune pork belly
- You need of Marinate:.
- It’s 1 lb (450 g) of Pork belly.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of White Pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Honey.
- You need 3 of Chopped dried preserved prunes.
- You need 2 of Chopped dried tangerine peeled skin.
- Prepare of Batter:.
- It’s 1 of Large egg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 10 tbsp ( or 150 ml) of water (1/2 cup +2 tbsp).
- You need 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (65 g) of Corn starch.
- Prepare 3/4 cup (105 g) of Flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- It’s 1/2 of Green bell pepper cubes.
- You need 1/2 of Red bell pepper cubes.
- It’s 1/2 can of Canned pineapple cubes.
- You need 1 of Sliced large red onion.
Brush the honey sauce on both sides of the pork belly. Take out and brush honey water once again. Season the pork fillet and brush with honey. Heat a frying pan until hot and add the butter.
Honey preserved prune pork belly instructions
- Cut 450 g pork belly into cubes..
- Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp white pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 3 tbsp water..
- Mix and let the pork belly marinate for 20 mins..
- Make the batter by combining 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1 large egg, 10 tbsp water and 2 tsp baking powder..
- Then add in 1/2 cup corn starch and whisk..
- Add 3/4 cup flour and whisk.
- 2 tbsp oil last and whisk.
- Combine and batter the pork belly together..
- Make the sauce by combining 5 tbsp ketchup, 4 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp honey, 4 chopped dried preserved prune, 2 chopped dried tangerine skin peel, 3 tbsp water and mix together..
- Pour oil in wok and fry the pork belly, then remove and set aside..
- Once it turns golden brown, remove and drain the pork belly..
- Heat up a wok and add in some cooking oil. Add in 1 sliced large red onion and stir fry until light brown, then follow by 1/2 red bell pepper cubes, 1/2 green bell pepper cubes and 1/2 canned pineapple cubes. Stir fry until you smell the peppery aroma and then put it aside..
- Pour the tomato sauce into the wok and heat until the sauce thickenens. Add the peppers, pineapples and pork belly in and coat them with the sauce..
Sear on each side until golden brown. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Easy home roasted pork belly with honey–home friendly Char Siu. This Chinese pork belly is meltingly tender with a sweet-spicy-sticky coating. Mei Cai Kou Rou pork belly recipe is a dish of braised, steamed pork belly with preserved mustard This steamed pork belly dish is glorious with a bowl of white rice!
Originally posted 2021-01-01 03:24:31.