Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. When our work day is done, most people do not wish to go to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Be wise when you do your food shopping. When you make good decisions at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier immediately. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with crowded grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to go to your house and make a little something from your kitchen. Your house should be stocked with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it simple to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or limited diets. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about losing weight. You need to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp + grits w/ pork belly recipe. To make shrimp + grits w/ pork belly you only need 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly:
- Take 2 lbs of wild 60-70 shrimp (medium sized).
- You need 4 of jalepenos, de-seeded and roughly chopped.
- Provide 4 oz of high quality bacon or pork belly, chopped.
- Use 1/2 of Vidalia onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 of lemon, juice.
- Take 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Valentina hot sauce or to taste.
- Take 4 tbsp of butter (unsalted).
- Take 1/4 cup of water.
- Get 1 tsp of salt and cracked pepper.
- You need 4 of scallions, sliced, reserve extra for garnish.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley (for garnish).
- Provide of For the Grits.
- Get 1 cup of geechie boy grits (or wtv brand).
- Use 4 cups of water.
- Provide 2 tbsp of butter (unsalted).
- Get 1/4 cup of cream cheese.
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
Steps to make Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly:
- Prep all the vegetables like peppers, onions, garlic, scallions, parsley and pork belly (this is so necessary).
- Add 4 cups of water to a stock pot and bring to a boil. Add in the grits and salt and stir. Once it’s at a boil reduce to medium low and keep stirring. Cook for 25 min..
- In a large saucepan on medium heat add the pork belly and cook until crisp and fat is rendered.
- Add the onions, garlic, jalapeños. Sauté for 2 min. Add shrimp (peeled and deveined) and season with salt and pepper). Cook for 4 minutes..
- Mix water and cornstarch in a bowl and set aside. This will thicken the shrimp and grits..
- Add the hot sauce, lemon juice, scallions to the pot and scrape the bacon bits on the bottom of the pan. Add cornstarch mixture and let come to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 min while finishing up grits. Fold in butter and turn off the heat..
- When grits have soaked up most of the liquid (add more water if needed) add in the cream cheese and butter and stir for 2-3 minutes until combined. Turn off the heat..
- Plate grits and top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with scallions and parsley and enjoy! 🤤.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? TAG @EATING_MYSELF_ALIVE_ATL ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #EATINGMYSELFALIVE.
These pork chops literally fall apart- this will quickly become your favorite pork chop recipe! All these pork belly recipes lately are really making me wish I knew where to find pork belly around here. They were so big and had shrimp, pork, cabbage and diced up veggies in them, you could eat them alone as a meal! Braised Pork Belly with Creamy Grits. For a cook who does not want to make their own clarified butter, use grapeseed oil because it too has a.
If you find this Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.