Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Refried Beans – Slow Cooker recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Refried Beans – Slow Cooker recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Refried Beans – Slow Cooker recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Dollars.
Until fairly recently anyone who indicated concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the industry experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen area more green.
Probably the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, however it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and possibly this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances can boil water or steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is particularly efficient when it’s full before a cycle is going. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
The kitchen on its own offers you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty easy to live green, of course. Mostly, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to refried beans – slow cooker recipe. To make refried beans – slow cooker you only need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Refried Beans – Slow Cooker:
- Use of dry pinto beans.
- Get of diced yellow onion.
- You need of large clove garlic, minced.
- Provide of small jalapeno, seeds removed and diced.
- Provide of chili powder.
- Prepare of cumin.
- Use of twists freshly cracked pepper.
- Provide of unsalted vegetable broth.
- Provide of water.
- You need of salt, or more to taste.
Instructions to make Refried Beans – Slow Cooker:
- Start by soaking the beans overnight. Pick through them first, removing any stones or bad beans you may find. Then place them in a large bowl and fill with enough water to cover the beans by a couple of inches. Place the bowl in the fridge to soak overnight..
- When ready to start the beans, grease the slow cooker. Drain the beans and place them in. Then add in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the salt. Give it a stir, place the lid on and cook on low heat for 8 hours..
- Once the 8 hour mark is up, drain the liquid from the beans, but reserve about 1 cup of it..
- Use either a hand masher (for a chunkier, more rustic texture) or an immersion blender (for a smoother and creamier texture) to mash the beans to your preferred consistency. I just use a hand masher. If the beans are too dry while mashing, loosen them up by adding some of the reserved liquid. Keep in mind that they will thicken slightly as they cool..
- Season the finished beans with the salt and some additional pepper, then that's it. Serve immediately, topped with some cheese if you like, and refrigerate any leftovers..
If you find this Refried Beans – Slow Cooker recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.