Slow Cooker Beef barley soup. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Save On Quality Cookers & Steamers Free in-store pickup. Tender beef, hearty vegetables and plump barley… it's the perfect beef barley soup!
Transfer meat to the slow cooker. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, onions, carrots and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen all browned meat. You can cook Slow Cooker Beef barley soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef barley soup
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of chuck roast.
- It’s 1.5 lbs of potatoes peeled and cubed 1/2 inch.
- It’s 2 of carrots peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of better than bouillion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 6 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 2/3 cup of barley.
- Prepare of Option – mushrooms or other vegetables.
- It’s of oil of choice.
Pearl barley, its most common form, is the perfect slow cooker grain. The long, slow cook time turns barley tender, yet not gummy. Select lean beef to prevent having to trim excess fat before adding the beef to the soup. Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup is loaded with tender beef, vegetables, and barley in a fragrant broth.
Slow Cooker Beef barley soup instructions
- Brown beef cubes in oil 1-2 minutes per side on med-high heat.
- Add beef and all ingredients to slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Fill liquid to the top or check if more is require later..
There's no pre-cooking required – just combine everything in the slow cooker, simmer it low all day, and come home to this comforting meal. Start this slow cooker beef barley soup early in the morning and you will have an easy meal ready to serve at dinnertime. All you need is a good loaf of crusty sourdough bread to serve with it. Crock Pot Beef Barley Soup Notes: This soup is easy to throw into a slow cooker and cook all day. I like using our browning slow cookers to cook this up because I can brown the ground beef with the onion and celery in the unit and then flip it to slow cooker without having an additional skillet to wash.
Originally posted 2021-01-07 03:31:38.