Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew. This easy, comforting beef stew is cooked in a slow cooker with potatoes in a hearty broth. Garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika add flair! An excellent and easy stew recipe.
Not when it was our one day of winter. But fortunately for my slow cooker, I barely had to. Cook beef stew in a slow cooker for really tender meat. You can have Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- You need 2 lb of Chuck Stew Meat.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 4-6 of medium potatos peeled + cubed (You can use any potatoes).
- You need 2-3 cups of carrots (I cut up baby carrots).
- Prepare 4 stalks of Celery chopped.
- You need 1 can of corn drained.
- It’s 1 can of cut green beans drained.
- You need 1 1/2 packets of McCormick Beef Stew.
- You need 1-2 Boxes of Beef Broth (I use Collage Inn).
- It’s of Flour.
- You need of Oil.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
Add button mushrooms or smoked paprika for extra flavour – it will be an instant family favourite. Slow cooked beef stew with porter How to make the best beef stew. This easy Slow Cooker Beef stew is perfect for chilly days!
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew step by step
- After you have trimmed and cut your meat. Mix flour with a Sprinkle of McCormick, Salt & Pepper in a ziploc bag or a covered container. Put your meat in and Shake it up! Make sure each one is covered. You can also season your meat before the flour or while in the pan..
- Heat a oil in a deep pan. Tap off any excess flour. Then put floured meat in the pan to get a sear..
- Brown all sides then remove with a slotted spoon or tongs and put into pot. Then brown your onions in the same pan..
- Put your onions into pot. All this yummy goodness is what left. :).
- In a large measuring cup, Mix 3 cups Water & McCormick Beef Stew Packet. Put the mixture in the pan as it heats use a wisk and/or spoon to mix the beef glaze from the bottom of the pan into the liquid. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes..
- As all that Yummy Goodness simmers, put your potatos & veggies into the pot..
- Pour the liquid from the pan over meat & veggies. Fill the rest with beef broth & water. Cook high 6hrs or low 8hrs. The gravy might not be thick enough in the beginning but the starch from potatos & the flour from the meat will thicken things up but if it needs to be thicker towards the end add some roux. Add a little at a time. It will thicken as the roux cooks & be careful not to change the flavors..
A delicious, old fashioned beef stew recipe made with tender meat, carrots, potatoes and celery. This post may contain affiliate links. Put the beef, bacon and vegetables in a slow cooker, sprinkle over the flour and add the salt, herbs and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add the stock mixture and stir well. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.