Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Water is the best beverage out there. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every now and then isn’t a bad idea. Getting all of your hydration from them is a horrendous idea. Drinking water instead of other forms of drinks is a good way to help your body in its health and hydration. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is often the key to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are a whole lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being clever when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. A good amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You need to help make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato and chestnut stuffing / dressing recipe. To make sweet potato and chestnut stuffing / dressing you only need 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing:
- Provide 10-15 of large, fresh chestnuts (250-350 g).
- Prepare 1 of medium sweet potato/yam.
- Use 1/2 of large French baguette or a smaller one about 40 cm (it was 200 g by weight).
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery.
- Take 1/2 of onion.
- Get 2 Tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of rubbed sage.
- Use 2 tsp of fresh or dry rosemary (optional).
- You need 240 ml (1 cup) of Vegetable or chicken stock, more if needed.
- Provide to taste of salt & pepper.
Steps to make Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing:
- If possible, let the baguette dry out a day in advance. Cut into cubes, put in a try and over with a cloth for 12-24 hours. Alternatively, just dry them out in an oven by spreading the bread cubes out on a baking sheet and baking for 10-15 minutes at 300°F/150°C or until dry. Turn them a couple times during the baking..
- Preheat oven to oven at 400°F/200°C. Cut an X in each chestnut..
- Roast in an oven for 15 minutes. Let cool until you can touch them and then peel and chop. OR you can boil for 20 minutes, drain, let cool and then peel..
- Chop onion and celery into small pieces. Cut the sweet potato into small cubes..
- In a sauce pan or frying pan, melt the butter (or heat olive oil) and saute the sweet potato, celery and onion until soft but not brown..
- Add the chopped sage, rosemary and a couple sprinkles of salt & pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes..
- Add 120 ml (1/2 cup) broth, bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft and the broth is absorbed..
- Put the bread cubes in a bowl and add enough broth to moisten them – about 120 ml (1/2 cup)..
- Add chestnuts then toss with the sweet potato, onion and celery mix..
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Spread everything in a casserole dish or baking pan with sides. If you like your stuffing to be more "juicy" and moist, you may want to add more broth to the pan so there's extra for the bread to soak up..
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until slightly browned at the top..
Two teaspoons of dried parsley flakes Mashed potatoes form the base for this celery and onion flavored dish. Stuffed potatoes are a family favorite recipe that never go out of style. Potatoes are a comfort food favorite that never lets you down, so we've gathered up our favorite stuffed potato recipes that will satisfy your family and delight hungry potato lovers of all kinds. Sweet potatoes, ground pork, and onions with a crunchy nut topping. Either way, there is no doubt that it is one of the most iconic dishes on the holiday table.
If you find this Sweet Potato and Chestnut Stuffing / Dressing recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.