Sweet Potato. The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a member of the Convolvulaceae family of flowering plants, which includes the morning glory, chokeweed, and water spinach. The sweet potato has been cultivated for thousands of years for its tuberous roots.
Sweet potatoes are usually orange but also found in other colors, such as white. Sweet potatoes are considered a low-glycemic food and high in fiber, which means they release and absorb glucose into the bloodstream very slowly, preventing a spike in blood sugar. The sweet potato is probably one of the most-versatile vegetables. You can have Sweet Potato using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 7 Hot Biscuits.
- You need 100 g of Flour.
- You need 3 g of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 10 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- It’s 50 g of Milk.
- It’s 140 g of Sweet Potatoes.
Find recipes for all the different ways you can prepare sweet potatoes here. Orange-fleshed sweet potatoes may be one of nature's unsurpassed sources of beta-carotene. Several recent studies have shown the superior ability of sweet potatoes to raise our blood levels of. Special compounds called carotenoids give sweet potatoes their bright color.
Sweet Potato step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Wash the sweet potatoes and cut into small pieces. Wrap in plastic and microwave for 1 min. Let cool and set aside until use..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Pour the milk into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix until half mixed..
- Add the sweet potato pieces to the mixture and mix well. (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Divide the dough into 7 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Sweet potatoes are a surprisingly nutritious vegetable. Over the years, sweet potatoes have been studied, and the means of production have also been improved. Initially, people experimented, but now there are particular things that are known that guarantees better production of this vegetable. Sweet potato flesh colors come in shades of orange, yellow-orange, white, purple and red. Below are descriptions for some sweet potato – yam varieties found in North America.