Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Money.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? Those days are over, and it appears we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. These kinds of modifications need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
Let us begin with something not that hard, changing the particular light bulbs. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to only the cooking area. You really need to upgrade your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, even though they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Making use of these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the actual benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Coupled with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off when they are not needed. The kitchen lights specifically tend to be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. This likewise happens in the rest of the house, but we are trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen alone gives you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Natural living is definitely something we can all do, without difficulty. It’s about being sensible, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy castella cake (poundcake) recipe. To cook easy castella cake (poundcake) you only need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy Castella Cake (poundcake):
- Get of cake flour.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- Get of milk.
- You need of egg yolks.
- Prepare of egg whites.
- Take of organic sugar.
- You need of Dominican style vanilla*.
- Take of Dominican vanilla.
- You need of be found in the Caribbean section in your supermarket.
Instructions to make Easy Castella Cake (poundcake):
- Separate egg yolks from the whites and place them both in separate bowls. Set aside..
- In a bowl, sift the cake flour. Also set aside. In a small pot place butter and milk and let it melt over medium heat stirring occasionally. Once you see a few bubbles on the sides turn off. Pour this over the cake flour (while warm) and whisk until smooth..
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until a smooth meringue is form. Soft peaks is a good sign of how far to whisk it. After doing this, combine the meringue with the cake batter and mix together well..
- Pre-heat oven to a low 305 F.
- In a baking pan (square is preferred) line it with wax paper (baking paper) on all sides. This will help the cake not stick to the pan and will make it easy to take out. Tap pan gently ontop of a kitchen towel to get air bubbles out. Since this is a pound cake made of mostly yolks, you will need to place the pan in a shallow baking tray and do a marybain (water bath) which means you have to place the pan in the tray and pour hot water gently to cover up to half way of the pan..
- Once you do this step, place the cake batter into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. Insert a tooth pick around 50 minute mark to see if it comes out clean..
- Tip: you can also bake this in your rice/slow cooker!!! Instead of a pan, oil your rice pot and pour batter. Cook it for 50 minutes. If it is still too light and a bit "wet" continue cooking for ten more minutes. Here is the third try this time in the rice cooker..
If you find this Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.