Classic Shortbread Cookies. A classic holiday cookie, made two ways! Shortbread is a great cookie-jar cookie, in that it keeps well at room temperature for several days. Classic Shortbread Cookies Recipe I'll show you how to make a delicious, classic shortbread cookie.
Classic shortbread cookies are one of the most delicious holiday cookie recipes to make. Classic Shortbread Fingers with an afternoon "cuppa". Shortbread is one of the first things I remember. You can have Classic Shortbread Cookies using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Shortbread Cookies
- It’s 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
This simple dough bursts with buttery goodness and makes the perfect base for delicious cookies. A simple, perfect approach to a beloved Scottish tradition that's a perfect Christmas. These Classic Shortbread Cookies are buttery and delicious as they are, but add a sparkling sugar coating or cover in melted chocolate and festive sprinkles and they're guaranteed to be a crowd. These Shortbread Cookies are deliciously crisp and buttery in a classic way, and are especially wonderful for Christmas and holiday baking!
Classic Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Start by getting out 2 bowls. Medium size..
- In the first bowl , cream the butter.
- In the same bowl mix in vanilla until well blended..
- In the second bowl mix together the flour and icing sugar..
- Pour the dry mix into the wet mix bowl ..
- Once mixed all together, the roll out onto floured surface with floured rolling pin ( 1/4 inch thick ) then cut into small circles ( about the size of the interior of a shot glass ) or cut with your favorite cookie cutter..
- Place the cut out cookies on baking pans and place in freezer to chill for at least 2 hours. You can even leave in overnight..
- Once chilled then heat up oven to 300°f – 325°f.
- Place cookies on Un-greased cookie sheets and bake for 15-18 mins or until bottoms are golden brown..
- Remove and let cool completely on baking sheet then add icing, chocolate, sprinkles, or whatever you love to decorate with ..
- Enjoy !!.
The dough is easy to make using five simple ingredients. These simple classic shortbread cookies are made with butter, sugar, and flour. The simplicity of shortbread makes it popular, and the butter flavor is amazing. You also can add vanilla powder for. This is a list of shortbread biscuits and cookies.